How to simulate Slayer Osc with Ltspice?

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
So I'm just wondering cuz it works as physical circuit but output in Ltspice is just a flatline on like 800mv:confused:?

Also I know air core xfmr doesn't have anywhere near unity coupling coefficient but I'm sure that's not problem with simulation! So thanks in advance if u can help:)

SO.jpg

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
The value of R2 seems a little high.

Post your .asc file.
Crutschow R2 is just arbitrary high impedance load to try and make simulator happy by closing secondary circuit:)! So the real oscillator runs w/o any connection to top of secondary at all:confused:

So fwiw HP was saying feedback is cuz of parasitic capacitance between upper part of secondary and Gnd giving secondary something to work against. But I don't know how to simulate that and she insists on making homework exercise out of everything cuz I'm like a perpetual kid in her eyes:rolleyes:! But that's her bid not mine so tnx for reading post and whatever help you can give:)!

Crutschow I'll try to upload schematic file but I'm having problems with connection as usual:rolleyes::oops: So tnx anyhow and I'll keep trying:)!

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Cruchow tnx! Cuz I never thought to just add lumped capacitance to end of secondaryo_O! I was trying to think of way to have capacitance continuous along length of coil so I was over-complicating it:oops:

So anyhow now I'm playing with simulation and smaller cap gives higher voltage which I say is more to do with higher freq than just less loading cuz XC is tuned out at resonance anyhow:cool: So I'm happy that Ltspice is more fun now that I'm getting feel for it:)!

Cruchow tnx! Cuz I never thought to just add lumped capacitance to end of secondaryo_O! I was trying to think of way to have capacitance continuous along length of coil so I was over-complicating it:oops:

So anyhow now I'm playing with simulation and smaller cap gives higher voltage which I say is more to do with higher freq than just less loading cuz XC is tuned out at resonance anyhow:cool: So I'm happy that Ltspice is more fun now that I'm getting feel for it:)!
Further to that, please be advised that much of the 'demonstration phenomena' (i.e. brilliant illumination of linear florescent lamps, etc) owe far more to the circuit's relatively high operating frequency than to its (decidedly modest) output EMF (With attention to the former's role in 'enhanced' electrostatic coupling, radiation/transmission line effects, etc...)

Very best regards
HP:)