How to simulate BFW10 on LTSpice/Falstad?

guptamridul477

Joined Apr 28, 2024
Hey
I am building a hardware model of AM and demodulation(coherent-detection). For the modulation part, I am thinking to use BFW10 MOSFET(coz I need to modulate low amplitude audio signal for which I don't have an amplifier, for carrier signal, I have a function generator so no worries for that). I have heard my friends completing their modulation with the help of this mosfet. However, when I start to simulate, I don't know how to simulate this BFW10. I am attaching an image of the modulating circuit. Can anyone help me?
Any suggestions for the project are heartily welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
1714593425671.png

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Two things.
  1. If you want to simulate a device, you need a model for it. The model will contain a list of perhaps three dozen different parameters that allow for the successful simulation of the device.
  2. If you want to demodulate an AM signal you should look for a proper circuit. What you have presented is unlike anything I have ever seen that could possibly work. In particular you have no DC voltage source for the circuit.

guptamridul477

Joined Apr 28, 2024
Then how should the circuit be?? Actually, What I am doing is a bit different. I will first modulate the signal then for demodulation, I will connect the modulated signal wire to the port Y1 of Analog multiplier AD633JN (pinout diagram provided below). Also, I will take the carrier signal for port X1 from the same function generator from which the carrier for modulation was taken i.e connect two wires to the output of carrier func. generator. Then I will take the demodulated output from W as shown in pinout diagram. then LPF. Done.
Am I correct? Suggestions/criticisms are welcomed.
1714595240268.png

Last edited:

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
If you want to demodulate an AM signal you should look for a proper circuit. What you have presented is unlike anything I have ever seen that could possibly work. In particular you have no DC voltage source for the circuit.
except the TS clearly is asking about modulation, and the circuit shown, albeit incomplete is a crude amplitude modulator.

@guptamridul477 Unzip the attached file and drop in place of your standard.jft file in AppData/Local/LTSpice/lib/cmp and you'll find it contains BFW10

Attachments