How to show 4-bit binary number on 2 7-segment display

Tity

Joined Dec 13, 2016
Hi all,
Now i have 4-bit binary number and want to show it on two 7-segment display by logic gates..
such as, this number (1000) want to show it as (08) first 7-segment contains (0) and second one contains (8)
the same with (1100) will be shown as (12) .. (1) on 1st display and (2) on 2nd display
How can i do that?? i did it on a single 7-segment, but i want it on two 7-segment not only one. i tried many times but i can't do it :\
Please HELP!
Thanks in advance.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
This is a bit complicated. There used to be a chip that did it for you but it is no longer available. Nowadays, the solution to this problem is likely a microcontroller. However, if you wish to do it in hardware rather than software, search online for "binary to BCD circuit"

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi all,
Now i have 4-bit binary number and want to show it on two 7-segment display by logic gates..
such as, this number (1000) want to show it as (08) first 7-segment contains (0) and second one contains (8)
the same with (1100) will be shown as (12) .. (1) on 1st display and (2) on 2nd display
How can i do that?? i did it on a single 7-segment, but i want it on two 7-segment not only one. i tried many times but i can't do it :\
Please HELP!
Thanks in advance.
Since there are only fifteen possible inputs, you could just use a look-up table.

You can also decode the binary value into a two-nibble BCD value and send that into two binary to seven segment decoders.

Since the IS homework help, it's YOUR turn to show your best attempt.