How to shift in time a servo pulse

Bontempos

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Hello,
I am having this idea where I connect servos in a row, and send information only to the first servo. I connect them in a way the next servo reads the pulse from the previous servo. It works fine, but I wanted to add a "delay" to this chain, so the next servo would read the previous servo pulse with some delay and so on.

I have been checking some projects with 555 but I believe this is not what I need. Shift registers also occurred to me, but I guess current servo must save information from previous servo, shift the whole data and than output it...

Any way to do it without adding a microcontroler to control each servo?

Thanks in advance!

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
One microcontroller can control multiple servos by dedicating one uC I/O pin to each servo. The uC can be programmed with whatever delay you want.

Bontempos

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Thanks for your reply!
I understand one micro controller can drive several servos but for design purposes I need each servo block to be independent. They are connected to each other but sharing the same terminal parts. Do you think I can make this work with a pic 12f629 ? I will look for some project to learn how to use it

Bontempos

Joined Jan 30, 2016
In the end I am using a microcontroler (attiny85) to record an array of angles based on the receiving pulse from a target servo and than creating an output with desired amount of delay to move the current servo.

Thanks!