How to run .cir LTspice file

MOUMNI

Joined May 7, 2021
Hello,

I am a new in LTspice simulations and I download from Mouser a .CIR LTspice file of SN74LVC1G08 inverter gate and when I run it in LTspice a message pop out "NO analysis request found", I am looking for a simple SN74LVC1G08 gate model.
Thank you for help and any instruction.

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
So you need to specify a circuit analysis (likely Transient as below):
And you need to have the gate connected to power and signal(s).

1623851121569.png

Last edited:

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
If running a simulation is what you need to learn, get one of the tutorials by Simon Bramble.
Pay attention to the initial steps.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hello,

I am a new in LTspice simulations and I download from Mouser a .CIR LTspice file of SN74LVC1G08 inverter gate and when I run it in LTspice a message pop out "NO analysis request found", I am looking for a simple SN74LVC1G08 gate model.
The file you've posted is a spice subckt describing the behavior of a SN74LVC1G08 AND gate. LTspice needs a spice circuit desciption and stimulus definition in order to run a simulation.

So...

1. You can add spice statements in the file to define a schematic, stimulus, and simulation requirements. Then run in LTspice.
-or-
2. You can create an AND gate symbol, create a schematic, and simulate in LTspice.

Item 2 is the best choice for a beginner.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello,

The 74LVC1G08 is a 2-input AND gate, NOT an inverter. Your file is a subcircuit file that calls a lower level primitive defined in the file. You need to have a top level schematic that calls the subcircuit, provides inputs and supply voltage and monitors the output.

Last edited: