Ltspice simulation .cir file

sim10

Joined Oct 6, 2022
Hi everyone, I need to run a simulation on LTspice on the xor port 74HCT1G86 whose Spice model is available on the manufacturer website. What is dowloaded is a htc.cir file that containg multiple components of the same family. Obviously i am interested in simulating just one, following the tutorials I have understood that I have to create a new symbol starting from the netlist file. In particulat i managed to create the symbol but as I copy-paste the .subtsk on the .op Spice directive there is an error saying that a declared variable is not recognized. Is there a way to run a sort of main file that contains all the dependencies of the library?

sim10

Joined Oct 6, 2022
Hi thank you for your reply. Here in attachement is the spice model given but the manufacturer. I am interested in using the component 74HC86D in a circuit, so I would like to create a symb and be able to use it. Could you provide some suggestions? Thank you

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It seems unlikely to me that those files are suitable for your purposes, because they seem to implement transistor level models and require you to configure the set of files by commenting and uncommenting parts of multiple files. The files were last updated a decade and a half ago and even if I wanted to use them it would take too long to figure them out.

There are more modern and easier to use behavioral models for most parts.
1709672853118.png

Last edited:

sim10

Joined Oct 6, 2022
It seems unlikely to me that those files are suitable for your purposes, because they seem to implement transistor level models and require you to configure the set of files by commenting and uncommenting parts of multiple files. The files were last updated a decade and a half ago and even if I wanted to use them it would take too long to figure them out.

There are more modern and easier to use behavioral models for most parts.
View attachment 316939
Hi thank you for your reply. Ok so in order to use the component as shown in your answer, i can just search the 76hc86 component in Spice or is there something else that i am missing?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
A web search for "Bordodynov LTspice models" will find the 74HC models, plus many others that aren't native to LTspice.

sim10

Joined Oct 6, 2022
Hi many thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the library but i am afraid of not having the examples you are refering to, may you attach it here? Thank you

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Mine too, since they are essentially the same. The file 74hc86.asy file is the symbol, and the subcircuit is in the file 74hc.lib
1709745411055.png