How to reduce microphone sensitivity for this circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby_tct

Joined Jan 6, 2011
I bought a sound switch from aliexpress but was to sensitive to slightest sound. I came across a comment showing a modified circuit by adding a potentiometer which claimed to be able to control the sensitivity of the microphone at switching on the circuit.. Problem is i do not know where should i attach the potentiometer to.. would be grateful is someone could help me out. Thanks. :) I have attached 2 photos. 1st is original circuit. 2nd is the modified circuit. Looks like the potentiometer is attached to the L393 but not sure which pin..

MOD: processed your images, to make them readable.E

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
looks like he removed the LDR on the PCB from pic 1 to pic 2... If you added a potentiometer one leg of the LDR and to one of the fixed ends as per below and connected a variable end to one of the holes

like this:

upload_2019-5-14_8-30-11.png

Try a 10K potentiometer

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Well, that was helpful :confused:
Not!
(Update: was only referring to the glut of information on the aliexpress listing)

Last edited:

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
should not matter... one goes to pot the other back into one of the holes where you removed the LDR... why are you posting info for the comparator? If that's on there... which makes sense... leave it alone. Just use the holes where you removed the original LDR.

bobby_tct

Joined Jan 6, 2011
should not matter... one goes to pot the other back into one of the holes where you removed the LDR... why are you posting info for the comparator? If that's on there... which makes sense... leave it alone. Just use the holes where you removed the original LDR.
Ok. Will try it out. Thanks ya. :)

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Why do people buy such cheap junk? it has no description and no specifications.
Is it supposed to turn on a light only when it is dark and if there is any kind of sound?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You get what you pay for. The cheap junk is not certified to be safe.
Since AliExpress cannot read English numbers they say that you get 10 of the modules for only $1.69US.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
well no wonder people buy them... they are $0.13 each... no clue how they do that...

I was shopping for a chip the other day ... chips are about $1... PCB module with chip and regulator and some other stuff $1.23.

Status
Not open for further replies.