How to make heat sealer for packaging machine??

LordLion

Joined Mar 31, 2016
hello sir,
sir i am making a packaging machine for that i required three heat sealer on different three places... so how to make heat sealer.. i now it works on ohms principal but how to make it in actual practice

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
hello sir,
sir i am making a packaging machine for that i required three heat sealer on different three places... so how to make heat sealer.. i now it works on ohms principal but how to make it in actual practice
There are dozens of options. The one I've seen that seems easiest is to have a small heater on a heated metal wheel. As the package comes to the sealing point, there should be a small v-block on the table or back wall (for gravity "form, feed and fill") system. The wheel should have a matching V that rolls over the two layers of plastic.

The key is,
that plastic is always the same material, thickness and temperature.
The wheel is always the same temp and moves at the same speed
There is no powder or grease on the sealing surface.

If you have thicker plastic, a gliding V block can be used instead of the wheel. The wheel works best for very thin or flimsy plastics.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
a heat sealer uses heat + pressure
Typically something like a PTFE glass cloth is placed over the heating element and mating side to prevent the bag from sticking to it..
Or if its food grade then there are other approaches/materials that need to be used..

This reminds me of a show I was watching last night were a food packaging company bought "Chinese" packaging machines to save money and then had serious problems with them breaking down all the time due to inferior design/build quality..
The downtime cost them far more than the savings from purchasing cheaper machines..
I smell another company will find themselves in the same fate..

Doktor Jones

Joined Oct 5, 2011
Yes, I have a home heat sealer that is just a bit of nichrome wire under a PTFE strip. Press down a plastic shutter (presumably some sort of high-temp plastic that doesn't mind the temperatures the nichrome reaches) to apply pressure, and the wire heats up and seals the packaging. It even has a nice little indicator light and timer, so you just hold it in place until the light goes off, and presto, a perfectly-sealed bag every time.