How to make a simple DC-AC circuit?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You need to supply some concrete numbers:

DC voltage
AC voltage
AC frequency
Current or wattage required

You have been told this before. Please do not repeat the same bad habits.
We cannot read your mind.

Halim.Akiki

Joined Dec 29, 2014
You need to supply some concrete numbers:

DC voltage
AC voltage
AC frequency
Current or wattage required

You have been told this before. Please do not repeat the same bad habits.
We cannot read your mind.
I only need the figure of the circuit: the components i need and how to connect them. But since you offer to help me with the calculations i would appreciate it even more.
Here are the information you need:
DC input: 14 V
AC output 14 V
AC frequency 60 Hz
Thank you!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Simple 14VDC to 14VAC circuit: use a 555 timer circuit.

You can also do it with one Schmitt inverting trigger, or one UJT, or two BJT.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So, Halim, other than getting MrChips to give you a selection of ready made circuit topologies to pick from, do you have any plans to actually do anything yourself to solve YOUR homework?

Halim.Akiki

Joined Dec 29, 2014
So, Halim, other than getting MrChips to give you a selection of ready made circuit topologies to pick from, do you have any plans to actually do anything yourself to solve YOUR homework?
Of course. I still have to draw the circuit on proteus then test it, i have to use ares to make the best way to connect the circuit and weld it on a soldering board. I have also to connect it's input to the AC-DC bridge rectifier i already made and test it. I also have to connect the 14 v AC output to the transformer to get the 230 V output. I also have to calculate the parameters such as efficiency, form factor, ripple factor and transformer utilization factor. So excuse me if i ask for help from everywhere i can find it!

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
May be you could use the correct nomenclature in your project documentation and it call it an inverter. Just out of interest is that all you're building for a final year project is an inverter? I'd throw an a.c. induction motor in there as well and go for the inverter fed drive system.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank you sir i owe you 3/4 of my project's final grade.
Meaning that you recognize that you only deserve 1/4 of the final grade.

Perhaps you should include in your project a description of the help you received and how much of the design was actually provided by someone else so that the instructor can make a fair assessment of how much of the credit YOU deserve (and it would probably be more than 25%).

Lest you think I am be facetious, when I was teaching at the Academy that was an explicit requirement for every assignment that every cadet submitted. ALL help from all sources except that cadet's instructor for the course had to be explicitly documented by the cadet and reviewed by the instructor. Failure to provide it resulted in a zero for the assignment. Failure to document all assistance received was an Honor Code violation and could result in dismissal.

Receiving help with a design is one thing, but thus far you appear to have done NOTHING to contribute to the design that you are ultimately going to take credit for. Would you like to discover that that was the approach taken by your doctor in medical school? If not, consider that doctors generally kill people one at a time, while engineers do it in job lots.

Halim.Akiki

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Meaning that you recognize that you only deserve 1/4 of the final grade.

Perhaps you should include in your project a description of the help you received and how much of the design was actually provided by someone else so that the instructor can make a fair assessment of how much of the credit YOU deserve (and it would probably be more than 25%).

Lest you think I am be facetious, when I was teaching at the Academy that was an explicit requirement for every assignment that every cadet submitted. ALL help from all sources except that cadet's instructor for the course had to be explicitly documented by the cadet and reviewed by the instructor. Failure to provide it resulted in a zero for the assignment. Failure to document all assistance received was an Honor Code violation and could result in dismissal.

Receiving help with a design is one thing, but thus far you appear to have done NOTHING to contribute to the design that you are ultimately going to take credit for. Would you like to discover that that was the approach taken by your doctor in medical school? If not, consider that doctors generally kill people one at a time, while engineers do it in job lots.
Actually sir this is a PART of the design i'm working on. And it is nice to admit that MrChips had a great part in helping me to finish my design.
Note that i SHALL admit to my instructor that this part of the circuit was NOT designed by me and i will leave it to him to decide the grade i deserve.

Halim.Akiki

Joined Dec 29, 2014
May be you could use the correct nomenclature in your project documentation and it call it an inverter. Just out of interest is that all you're building for a final year project is an inverter? I'd throw an a.c. induction motor in there as well and go for the inverter fed drive system.
This is not a final year project.... It's a small lab design.