How to increase my analog output range voltage

Iacopo69

Joined Oct 29, 2021
Good day everyone
I have a hall effect sensor that measures its distance to a magnet, and the output signal is in analog. The input voltage is 5V and the output range is 2.5V - 4.8V. I would like to make the output more sensitive and expand the 2.5V - 4.8V range to 0V-5V. Does anyone perhaps know how to do this without the use of a IC?

Thanks

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Good day everyone
I have a hall effect sensor that measures its distance to a magnet, and the output signal is in analog. The input voltage is 5V and the output range is 2.5V - 4.8V. I would like to make the output more sensitive and expand the 2.5V - 4.8V range to 0V-5V. Does anyone perhaps know how to do this without the use of a IC?

Thanks
Why shy with the IC. You can get some very good op amps in simple packages. Is 0-5 'rail to rail'?

Iacopo69

Joined Oct 29, 2021
Welcome to AAC!

If you need just a digital signal you can do it with a transistor.
Hi thanks, great to be here

Im very new to electronics. Would you please explain or indicate to me where I could find information on how to do this with a transistor? Thank you very much

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Check the specifications of that hall effect device. Some of them are ratiometric, meaning that if the supply voltage is greater then the output span will be greater. but also the low end offset will be greater. And if the hall sensor is not ratiometric that will not work. An opamp circuit with a gain of around +2 and an offset input to the negative input will do what you seek. BUT it will need a supply voltage of greater than the 5 volts.