How to increase my 555 output current.

Jose Espigares Perez

Joined Jun 25, 2017
Hi everybody,

I have the attached circuit, and it works perfectly (I have a 85% Duty signal) but I need more current, 555 timer output current is not enough for me, so I need to install another circuit to amplify my signal.

Anybody knows how can I make it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Bye!

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
As long as your current need is less than 50A or so, your solution is likely just a single MOSFET as a switch. But you need to specify whether you are sinking or sourcing current, or both, the switching frequency, the current, the voltage, and any other details that might be important (like operating at high ambient temperatures or whatever).

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi everybody,

I have the attached circuit, and it works perfectly (I have a 85% Duty signal) but I need more current, 555 timer output current is not enough for me, so I need to install another circuit to amplify my signal.

Anybody knows how can I make it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Bye!
Since you are using pin 3 to drive the CR timing, you can spare the in phase drive at pin 7. Just give pin 7 a 2k2 pull up resistor and drive a MOSFET. If you can't have that phase inversion; make that a small signal phase inverter and add a second MOSFET that can handle the current you need.