How to flash application program after bootloading ?

sriniketh

Joined Jul 7, 2015
Hello all,

I am new to microcontroller programming. I have a ATMega328P and AVRISPMK2 programmer with jungo driver (hence not able to use it with avrdude). I recently flashed the microcontroller with Optiboot bootloader with the help of Atmel Studio 7. Now i would like to write and flash application program in to the chip but without the programmer (since already bootloader program resides inside). How can i do it with Atmel Studio 7 since it asks for the programmer we use for transferring the contents. I hope the optiboot bootloader helps us in sending the application program via serial communication to the USART in micro controller. How can i transfer the program when i have a program written.

Regards

Sriniketh

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Hello all,

I am new to microcontroller programming. I have a ATMega328P and AVRISPMK2 programmer with jungo driver (hence not able to use it with avrdude). I recently flashed the microcontroller with Optiboot bootloader with the help of Atmel Studio 7. Now i would like to write and flash application program in to the chip but without the programmer (since already bootloader program resides inside). How can i do it with Atmel Studio 7 since it asks for the programmer we use for transferring the contents. I hope the optiboot bootloader helps us in sending the application program via serial communication to the USART in micro controller. How can i transfer the program when i have a program written.

Regards

Sriniketh
You can use MegunoLink Pro's Programmer option as you have burned Arduino UNO bootloader.

sriniketh

Joined Jul 7, 2015
You can use MegunoLink Pro's Programmer option as you have burned Arduino UNO bootloader.
Thank you for the insight. I would try the same. Can you tell me about the hardware connection.? Is it enough to use usb-ttl converter and connect to the USART of the microcontroller ?

regards

sriniketh

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Thank you for the insight. I would try the same. Can you tell me about the hardware connection.? Is it enough to use usb-ttl converter and connect to the USART of the microcontroller ?

regards

sriniketh
I have used Arduino with MegunoLink pro and it works. I have used USB. I don't know about UART method for using MegunoLink Pro. Arduino has a separate chip which communicated with the USB port of PC. I think MegunoLink pro also uses AVRDude. Try it and see if using USB2TTL Converter works. when you open the MegunoLink Pro at the right side there is a toolbox and you have to pin it. After that select Program Device and in that using drop down option use Program Device or Download option.

I have used Arduino Serial option for programming Arduino boards. I have also used AVRISP mkII option.

sriniketh

Joined Jul 7, 2015
I have used Arduino with MegunoLink pro and it works. I have used USB. I don't know about UART method for using MegunoLink Pro. Arduino has a separate chip which communicated with the USB port of PC. I think MegunoLink pro also uses AVRDude. Try it and see if using USB2TTL Converter works. when you open the MegunoLink Pro at the right side there is a toolbox and you have to pin it. After that select Program Device and in that using drop down option use Program Device or Download option.

I have used Arduino Serial option for programming Arduino boards. I have also used AVRISP mkII option.
Hi

Thanks for the idea.. Is it possible to write programs in it and upload it without arduino board ?

Regards

Sriniketh

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Hi

Thanks for the idea.. Is it possible to write programs in it and upload it without arduino board ?

Regards

Sriniketh
It can't be used to write program. It is not a Compiler. I used it to upload .hex file to Arduino without a programmer. Check your Private Message. I have left a message.