How to drop the current keeping constant voltage ?

viraj.dali

Joined Oct 20, 2016
Hallo
I have a doubt that suppose I have three different ICs. One IC is the LDO which drops voltage and provides 5V output at 350mA current output. This 5V goes to different ICs like multiplexer which has low current than 350mA. How can I reduce current keeping voltage constant. ?
Also this 5V I have to used it to second IC which is other LDO which gives 3.3V output and Iout is 300mA. I need to used this 3.3V at 300mA as supply of microcontroller. But as current is very high I want to reduce current value keeping voltage constant 3.3V for microcontroller.

How can I do this ? Can anyone suggest ?

Thanks alot in advance

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You need to post your circuit so we can see better, current drawn is set by the loads, not the power supply, if your load needs 350mA, then you need to redesign your circuit to draw less.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Your voltage regulator has the ability to provide 350 ma. It does not force 350 ma to flow. Your car battery can produce 400 amps. 400 amps do not flow through the headlights. My local power company can produce 100 million amps. When I turn on a light bulb, 100 million amps do not flow through it.

viraj.dali

Joined Oct 20, 2016
Your voltage regulator has the ability to provide 350 ma. It does not force 350 ma to flow. Your car battery can produce 400 amps. 400 amps do not flow through the headlights. My local power company can produce 100 million amps. When I turn on a light bulb, 100 million amps do not flow through it.

Thank you. Now I got it clear

viraj.dali

Joined Oct 20, 2016
You need to post your circuit so we can see better, current drawn is set by the loads, not the power supply, if your load needs 350mA, then you need to redesign your circuit to draw less.

My load does not need 350mA. My load can handle 200mA, So I was having doubt