How to desolder in completely easiest by using Hot Air Gun

koklim1138

Joined May 5, 2023
I'd recently found very difficuly to remove IC Chip or SMD components from tiny board by using ATTEN AT850 (2 in 1 Hot Air & Soldering rework station), even I switched up to 380 to 450 celcius with airflow in within 3.5 level also yields in nothing.

I did attached those picture for those tools and equipments that I used during my removing jobs. I hope anyone could help me to solve my issues.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
If there are large copper floods in that PCB for heatsinking, they will make part removal difficult. Many packages will be soldered to such a flood on the bottom and the heatsink works no matter what the source of heat is.

@Sensacell's suggestion of preheating is good, and a purpose built hot plate is an even better way to preheat than an oven.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Patience. Give it enough time. I successfully can remove 44-pin chips by keeping the air moving along all four sides and gently pushing with my tweezers. The chip will move when it is ready.

Edit: I have the same solder station you have, and I like it.

koklim1138

Joined May 5, 2023
If there are large copper floods in that PCB for heatsinking, they will make part removal difficult. Many packages will be soldered to such a flood on the bottom and the heatsink works no matter what the source of heat is.

@Sensacell's suggestion of preheating is good, and a purpose built hot plate is an even better way to preheat than an oven.
Yes There is copper heatsink underneath the PCB board with copper sink. This PCB board is VTX board.