How to Design OPAMP circuit for this requirement

Santhakumar

Joined Mar 17, 2015
Supply for opamp and ADC would be regulated voltage (5V).
But supply to divider as i said 24V . there might be sudden changes in it. it is varying over the time.
thats why i wanted suppression and consistency on sudden changes.
my thinking is an capacitor is fare enough on divider network. any other suggestions ??

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
And nobody asked if this were an AC signal or a DC signal. Also, you never specified the load. If the draw is quite low then your best bet is those resistors. And why not just get a 50KΩ pot and trim it to the desired level. Then you can dial in your accuracy and totally negate any of the percentages of error found in standard resistors.

Might also help us to know what you're building. Perhaps you're going at it all wrong. But I don't know that for sure.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
So you have a signal that can vary from 0 to 24 volts and you're converting that to a digital signal. Putting a capacitor on the input would mess with that signal. When you change from one level to the next rather than having a clean change you'll get a floating change from one level to the next. The bigger the capacitor the longer the float from one level to the next. Your signal to digital conversion will lag seriously. I wouldn't suggest using a capacitor on the signal side (the input).

If all we're talking about is reading a signal (a voltage level) then the divider network is the best way to go. You'll get immediate responses without any lag. Using an op amp will just waste a lot of resources and will also complicate the circuitry. Simpler is better.

Santhakumar

Joined Mar 17, 2015
Thanks guys,

Can Any one suggest an IC for this application.
let me tell once more my application..

Input is varying voltage but DC, would be converted to digital values (by ADC) and host has to read this values.

Host whatever i'm using doesn't have Inbuilt ADC.
So have to use it externally. So someone can suggest me exact IC with everything on chip (resistor divider and ADC and may be interface to host communication (i2c or something)).