How to control a small motor far away

muhendislik

Joined Oct 19, 2022
Is it possible to control a small motor, such as a motor that works with just a few volts, very far from you, using cell phone ? I am beginner. Can you guide me in the right direction?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Yes, you call up someone who is near the motor and instruct them to turn it on.

In all seriousness, though, you would use an IOT (internet of things) device to do than from anywhere you had an internet. I don’t know if there are generic remote controls that can do that, but there should be.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

It would help us to help you if you would explain what the purpose of the motor and controller is. With the current information, the answer is going to be “yes, maybe”.

What problem is the motor/remote supposed to solve?

Also, how much are you willing to learn in order to do this?

muhendislik

Joined Oct 19, 2022
the motor will open and close one of my window curtain when i am not home. i already have idea about how to do moving mechanism... but how do i make the motor work remotely... i connect motor to my home wifi or to internet directly? how? and then how my cellphone connects with that?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
the motor will open and close one of my window curtain when i am not home. i already have idea about how to do moving mechanism... but how do i make the motor work remotely... i connect motor to my home wifi or to internet directly? how? and then how my cellphone connects with that?
Use a light sensor to close the curtains at dusk and open them at dawn.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
A platform like Blynk is a good way to do what you want without having to write your own mobile app. It is very mature and they offer a free tier which is almost certainly enough to complete this project. For about five dollars a month you can get a lot more, but it isn’t mecessary.

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
Mysensors can be used for all kinds of sensing and control. Here's an example of controlling roller shutters:
https://www.mysensors.org/hardware/roller-shutter
Or use Sonoff smart switches:
https://sonoff.tech/product-review/...our-roller-blinds-with-sonoff-smart-switches/
Those can sometimes be flashed with Tasmota firmware which has various benefits like not needing to use Sonoff's app or their servers. Or you can go with cheaper generic ESP32 relay modules and Tasmota. But maybe for remote access it'll be easier to go through Sonoff's server.