? How to connect wires to a Z3 phone's magnetic charging port?

ConorRFoy

Joined Dec 1, 2014
Hi,
I have a induction charging module from adafruit (https://www.adafruit.com/product/1901) and am trying to connect it to charge my Z3. I am trying to connect it to the magnetic charging port...
upload_2014-12-1_23-23-47.png
...at the side of the phone but am stuck for ideas as I don't want to have to solder on any wires or do anything that won't come off again. So what I'm asking is does anyone have any ideas on how to connect to wires to these contacts.

Thank you for your time
Conor

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Assuming that the "Magentic" part is only what holds the connectors together, you might want to make a mating connector out of a block or plastic or wood. There would be magnets in the correct orientation to match up with the magnets mounted on the Z3. You could use springy nickel plated bits of metal from a battery holder. If the contacts on the Z3 have springs, then the nickel plated bits of metal can be glued directly to the block.

I did something similar decades ago using a small block of wood when fitting an external battery pack to portable CD player.

Take note, I don't really understand what you want to do, so don't take this as an endorsement of your overall plan.