How to connect a camera to esp-32?

salvus

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I know there is a esp32 cam module but I am interested in adding the components to my own pcb to save some space in my build. Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram where I can put the basic building blocks on a breadboard to get the camera to work with esp 32 for experimenting? I don’t need the sd card for example. Is that even feasible do you think? Many thanks

salvus

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

They seem to just use the ESP32 cam board. What I am looking for is how to lay out something similar to the ESP32 cam board on a breadboard from the basic components. Do you have any references to something close to that? Many thanks for your help.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Are you trying to reverse engineer a ESP cam board, if so, do you have a circuit diagram for the ESP cam board, or perhaps a sketch you have made of the board.?
E

salvus

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Yes, that is essentially what I am interested in doing. I don't have a circuit diagram, that is what I am looking for. Im just interested in the most basic functionality to stream video from the camera, I don't require the use of the SD card for example. Or if there is a tutorial or something from someone who has already done it. I haven't been able to find one, just wondered if someone else might know more of have some good references.