how to directly connect a camera to a display ?

panzer950

Joined Feb 12, 2020
Hello everyone !

I am looking for a way to show on a display what a camera will be recording in real time and with a latency as low as possible.
I thought about using a ntsc camera directly wired to a ntsc display, but the resolution and framerate is too low for what i need
Using a computer like a raspberry pi to connect camera and display will cause to much latency.

I need your help to find a solution for this problem that i have.
I appreciate your help, thanks to you all.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
How about an HD video camera with an HDMI output connected to a computer monitor or TV with an HDMI input?
That would likely give the minimum latency for HD video.

But the framerate will be be the same as the NTSC camera.

Last edited:

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Hello everyone !

I am looking for a way to show on a display what a camera will be recording in real time and with a latency as low as possible.
I thought about using a ntsc camera directly wired to a ntsc display, but the resolution and framerate is too low for what i need
Using a computer like a raspberry pi to connect camera and display will cause to much latency.

Many cameras on the market covering a wide range of applications. Displays are a human interface, suggesting that frame rates only need to be so high, and reaction time engulfs a whole wack of latency. If your application has specific requirements, it is best to list them.

I use a Basler camera to stop high speed packaging equipment for troubleshooting and tuning. They are older firewire, but most newer ones are on ethernet or USB3.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hello everyone !

How much resolution do you actually need? And what sort of camera are you using? And what sort of recorder? SOME recorders have a monitor output so that you can see what is being recorded. And some NTSC cameras provide fairly good resolution, depending on what you are looking at.