How to check buffer/Driver is BAD or Data is not passing through

justinvil1103

Joined Apr 6, 2016
Hi All,

I have the following Buffer IC from TI 74LV244 below. How do I check whether the chip bad or damaged or data is not passing through? Any help direction would be greatly appreciated

74LV244.jpg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Just probe the inputs and outputs to make sure they're correct.

I remember having a quad D latch or flip flop on the ROM board in an HP3000 Series III computer on the production line that only failed with a certain data pattern. It was the first machine I tested, and it took me days to isolate the problem using a logic analyzer.

justinvil1103

Joined Apr 6, 2016
Just probe the inputs and outputs to make sure they're correct.

I remember having a quad D latch or flip flop on the ROM board in an HP3000 Series III computer on the production line that only failed with a certain data pattern. It was the first machine I tested, and it took me days to isolate the problem using a logic analyzer.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. Do you think I could use Vcc and Gnd as changing signals as Vcc and GND as input and check the outputs

Thanks,

WJ

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Do you think I could use Vcc and Gnd as changing signals as Vcc and GND as input and check the outputs
That should be fine for simple dead or alive testing.

If you have more than one to test, you could program something like an Arduino Uno to do the testing.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
He's using a low voltage variant in the first schematic:
1645281388868.png
I treated the device in #7 as a mistake because 74LV244 was mentioned more.