how to calculate the temperature at the battery post?

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
well i am trying to calculate the post temperature without the internal battery temperature and also the environment temperature which i said is given is actually the temperature of the environment outside the hood so internal temperature that is inside hood is the ambient air temperature which i am thinking of calculating first
Jas9,

You really are looking for the impossible. You may have better luck moddling a formula for getting an Elephant to the moon than correlating the relationship between outside temp outside the hood and the temp of the batteries negative terminal to any reasonable accuracy. There are probably more variables involved! In space there are some very powerful constants and probbly far less variables. You need to find a NASA forum. Even if you find some outcome that comes close once I bet it will not be repeatable due to the vast number or variables. Would the relationship be linear or not. The humidity of the air that particular day will dramatically alter the result.

Sorry, friend, this is my last response. With electronics we are dealing with well known quantities for which there are few unknown or extremely difficult to calculate variables.

Good luck with your enevor, I hope you prove us wrong!

iONic

Last edited:

Jas9

Joined Sep 30, 2010
thanks ionic for all your replies/answers...well i will let you know and to this forum if i get any progress with my work...