how many people use Linkedin

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
@ Derstrom8 ,what is that site about...in general terms.
Well, I'd say it's been described pretty well by the preceding posts here. It's a type of social networking site, much more professional than facebook though. It's designed to allow you to connect with other people who might further your professional career down the road. Beyond that, it has several useful features, like the advanced job search. If you ask me, it's one of the best organized social networking sites on the web.

Regards,
Matt

I use hoped it would help with job search, as of yet it has not been a lot of use. I get their email updates sometimes, similar to monster. I saw posting for local I.T job on monster I applied for, LinkedIn it showed up like 3 hrs before the deadline (I had done already, but seemed bad for LinkedIn to be that bad).
As of yet not heard anything from place I applied at, and that was beginning sept. What I understand they are building a new I.T office, so thinking there waiting for that, but seems odd they advertised at that time then.
I only have a few connections on LinkedIn so far, but slowly getting more. I don't do much with other than made profile with my info so people can find if looking for an I.T person, did same thing with Dice.com.
if your into computer stuff spice works is a pretty neat site also, limited job type things, but good resources, forums for I.T people.