How load sharing can be done in ac mains and inverter?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
No sir, I do not have exact journal papers but sir I am a beginner in the research domain. I assume you have a lot of experience in this field.
I no longer have the funds to maintain my memberships in professional organizations and I have no access to institutional libraries. Most research is behind paywalls of which I an not a fan. My remaining equipment is all antique. Nothing from this century.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Sir, there is a problem in this thread that "we" and "he" are in completely different parts of the world with completely different cultures. He needs to find a way to make or copy a "grid-tied inverter with load sharing" for use in his country that is rarely needed here.
Then he should do his research in his own country, not here.

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Using open search engines you can find plenty of information about the subject in general. What you won't find usually is an exact solution.
https://www.energize.co.za/frequency-and-voltage-control-of-inverter-based-microgrids/

Read the References.
thank you, sir, for giving valuable suggestion to me, sir I am a research engineer my work is to find the solution, and I will do. actually, in this universe, nobody will give the exact solution. I always assume that solutions are created by ourselves .but you are all the expertise and teachers, what I can expect from with you a path, which I can follow.

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Sir, there is a problem in this thread that "we" and "he" are in completely different parts of the world with completely different cultures. He needs to find a way to make or copy a "grid-tied inverter with load sharing" for use in his country that is rarely needed here.
Then he should do his research in his own country, not here.
sir, I agree with your point. In my country(INDIA), many companies do this type of work. but due to keeping confidential, they didn't want to share the knowledge. that's why I am here to ask these questions.you are the expertise and I hope you can give me the valuable suggestions.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
many companies do this type of work. but due to keeping confidential, they didn't want to share the knowledge.
Apart from commercial interests and confidentiality agreements there is the important matter of safety. Pumping power back into the grid using a grid-tie inverter has the potential (pun not intended) to be hazardous. That is likely one reason there is not much practical information in the public domain on how to do it.
Any members of this forum who are professionals, or ex-professionals, in this field will be aware of the safety aspect and may be bound by confidentiality agreements so may be reluctant or unable to help you. And with safety in mind, seeking advice from amateurs on the web is not advisable IMHO. Nevertheless I hope you can find any reliable information that you need.

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Apart from commercial interests and confidentiality agreements, there is an important matter of safety. Pumping power back into the grid using a grid-tie inverter has the potential (pun not intended) to be hazardous. That is likely one reason there is not much practical information in the public domain on how to do it.
Any members of this forum who are professionals, or ex-professionals, in this field will be aware of the safety aspect and may be bound by confidentiality agreements so may be reluctant or unable to help you. And with safety in mind, seeking advice from amateurs on the web is not advisable IMHO. Nevertheless, I hope you can find any reliable information that you need.
I agree with your point. but I am a research engineer which works in government institutions,so what I will do my team will verify before conducting any experiment. I am just looking at the topics where I can start from scratch.
I have added one more question, can you give any comment on this :
New update about the question -
There's a question to which I've been looking for an answer but I haven't found a clear one yet so I hope this forum will help.
How is the load shared between a grid-tie inverter and the grid? I understand that the inverter feeds the loads with all the available solar power and imports the remaining balance from the grid if needed or exports the excess if any. I would like to understand the technical details behind this process (how does the inverter have feeding priority over the grid?) because so far I haven't found a clear explanation online.

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have got some answers to this question I have asked above. This type of functions comes in the hybrid inverter which consists of a MPPT controller which does give the priority of power, from which point the inverter should take the power.and smart inverters give the control the to the consumers also, where consumers can control the power priority function, which is visible in human-machine interface.I assume people can share their views on this.

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Now everyone I need to ask you a practical question please give me advise, I am searching smart inverters (Hybrid), just opens a random company manual and I got this line(please see the configurable line in the below, point no 2), please tell me is this function controlled by MPPT.because in the above inverter schematic I can see only 2 controllers and another any controller are not theirs. so I can assume MPPT playing this role ( Taking kw from solar and rest of supply from the grid ) depends on the consumer. please see the picture.

Attachments

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
I asked one of the customers related to this product because the consumer was using this product, so I asked the same question can it prioritize the inverter suppose if he wants to run the load from the battery or solar panel in the presence of a grid-tie inverter. so he gives this answer by providing one of a screenshot of his human-machine interface .please see, I guess you can give me a lot of advice from this.please.
The answer he provides me(customer response) -
1) If the batteries are at 20% then it will take from the grid.

2) If I change the battery to 100% it will not take from the battery. If solar is only 300w and load is 1kw,it will only take 700w from the grid.

3) My setup is to use solar first, then battery until 20% SOC and then grid.

4) My batteries can only supply a max of 5.5kW. If I have a load of 8kw and solar is only producing 1kw, it will take 5.5kW from the batteries and 1.5kw from the grid.

5) It can also be used without batteries then it will take first from solar then the grid.

6) Solar always gets used first for the loads and difference either from the grid or batteries depending on the settings

Attachments

Arijeet

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Sir, I am reading this paper, but I just need to ask for doing this type of practicals should I do any relevant course. can anyone refer me to the course?