How I decide How much value register need in circuit

yash2315

Joined Apr 30, 2021
Hello,
I am New in hardware design then how i decide how much register value need in circuit?
I know this equation P= V*I also V = IR etc but i dont know value of this parameter then how i decide please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards
Yash Shah

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC!

You mean "resistor", of course.

If you could give the specific example of what you are trying to do it will be a lot easier to help. An abstract explanation is not going to be as useful.

yash2315

Joined Apr 30, 2021
Hello,
I show one schematic and they give 6v Supply using the battery but in output they put 1M and 220k resister after pass the next step output why then put some resister ?why not directly pass the output on the circuit?

Thanks & Regards
Yash Shah

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hello,
I show one schematic and they give 6v Supply using the battery but in output they put 1M and 220k resister after pass the next step output why then put some resister ?why not directly pass the output on the circuit?

Thanks & Regards
Yash Shah
The function of a resistor is to resist voltage. There will always be a voltage drop across a resistor. If there is a resistor, someone wanted a lower voltage on the other side of it. Since voltage and current (amperage) are inextricably linked, it is often the case that a resistor is put there to limit current.

Your verbal description is not good enough to know what the resistors were doing in that circuit.

yash2315

Joined Apr 30, 2021
Hello,
Ya exactly resister limit current now i give some example
I need 0.5A current And i am supply 5v so how to decide the resister value is like as per R=V/I?