How do I wire up a gate driver chip ?

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
Hey ericgibbs,
thanks for letting me know. What exactly is a component query ? Is it done with putting the pdf as an attachment ?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi 8.
What exactly is a component query ?
It is when you ask a question regarding a device eg: IC, Transistor etc
You are asking regarding pin usage, so it means most members who want to help have to refer to a datasheet.
To avoid every helper having to download the datasheet, just attach the datasheet to your post.
E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
What do you plan to drive with the output of this IC.?
The O1 and O2 are active source/sinks which are in opposite phase, the d/s claims minimal overshoot of the outputs..
E
AAA 552 13.26.gif

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
I plan to use two of those (one inverting, one non inverting) to drive a series RLC circuit (20ohms, 1.49mH, 42nF)

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
I'm trying to get around 200mA through a coil to emit a pulsating magnetic field, which can be picked up with another coil. Based on the strength that's picked up, I want to measure the distance. I aim to get a rather accurate estimate in a range of about 1 meter. I already posted a bunch of threads in this forum asking how I can drive this thing. Next up is a complementary emitter follower. Using two bjts (onw npn the other pnp) I try to push and pull as much current through the coil as I can.
I got a simple design working already, but need to figure out how I can drive the design bipolar. A thread about this will follow later this day.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I would say if you want an accurate range measurement upto 1 mtr using the field strength you are going find that very difficult.
What will be the minimum range and the range accuracy, will it also be required to measure range in all the X,Y,Z planes relative to the RLC circuit.??

E

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I'm trying to get around 200mA through a coil to emit a pulsating magnetic field, which can be picked up with another coil. Based on the strength that's picked up, I want to measure the distance. I aim to get a rather accurate estimate in a range of about 1 meter. I already posted a bunch of threads in this forum asking how I can drive this thing. Next up is a complementary emitter follower. Using two bjts (onw npn the other pnp) I try to push and pull as much current through the coil as I can.
I got a simple design working already, but need to figure out how I can drive the design bipolar. A thread about this will follow later this day.
1 meter distance? IMHO, you’re off by a factor of 100! Magnetic field variations may be easily detected up to a cm at most; more likely a few mm.

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
Keep in mind that I'm trying to create a pulsating magnetic field, not a constant one. I've seen a paper that did it and some demos too.

@ericgibbs yes it will emit a magnetic field in all directions. But in different frequencies.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Our company uses a permanent magnetic field of 0.47 T for measurements.
The 0.5 mT line is at about 50 cm from the center, this is to be considered safe for pacemaker users.
What fieldstrenght do you expect to create?

Bertus