How do I change the Oshonsoft Simulator speed?

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
My Oshonsoft simulator is running many times slower that other members simulators, how do I speed it up please?
Camerart.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
How long does the program I posted yesterday take to run from the first Break to the second Break.??
The first Break shows approx 1800uSec, then use Ultimate to restart the Sim
the second Break shows approx 501,800uSec , in a 5 minute run.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
How long does the program I posted yesterday take to run from the first Break to the second Break.??
The first Break shows approx 1800uSec, then use Ultimate to restart the Sim
the second Break shows approx 501,800uSec , in a 5 minute run.
Hi E,
As shown with my red arrow pointing to the INT_CNT variable, it didn't change to 1 even after 40MINs.

The TOGGLE in the LOOP is flashing away nicely.

Should this line: [[ T1CON = %00111101 '1:8 ]] be set for 16BIT ETC

C

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
If you intend calling get_msg at a 0.5Sec interval, where the get_msg data may require a time longer than 0.5S to acquire, you should Disable the TMR1 interrupt.
Then Reload TMR1 and Re-Enable the Interrupt.
Consider having the get_msg outside of the interrupt routine, test for Int_cnt > 7 outside the Int subr.

E

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
hi,
If you intend calling get_msg at a 0.5Sec interval, where the get_msg data may require a time longer than 0.5S to acquire, you should Disable the TMR1 interrupt.
Then Reload TMR1 and Re-Enable the Interrupt.
Consider having the get_msg outside of the interrupt routine, test for Int_cnt > 7 outside the Int subr.

E
Hi E,
I'll transfer this message to the other THREAD.
C

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Does this run better than Proteus. I’ve been finding that Proteus’s animated LED causes counters and uC to slow down to failure.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
The personal license for full software with all the bells and whistles are quite the deal! It's very different from the Proteus sim... lots of good stuff, will take some time to learn it.