How did you find All About Circuits.com?

How did you find All About Circuits.com?

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Oh well !! Might as well tell you.

I joined because I made a commitment to those who has helped me during my desperate hours.
OH! and I stumble upon here by Googling.

Google is my friend and AAC is where my best buds hang out.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
He was the original moderator. He hasn't contributed for many years.

We're very glad he did!

Dave
One of the things I don't like about the internet is people can drop off the face of the earth, or die, and you will never know.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 'm not quite sure but I think I stumbled upon this place through Google, I think. I was drawn to this place thanks to the e-book, took a while until I started posting on the forums regularly.
My first post was an answer on the Homework Help, some habits never die...

Way back then our site was a lot more humble than it is today: http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20040613042951/http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/

That was June 2004.

Dave
"The site members have a total of 1729 posts"

Heh, imagine that...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I see I made a wisecrack to the Wook, but never explained how I came to the site.

I got shed by the university (just able to take early retirement), and found my math teacher wife was no more motivated to discuss electronics than when I held my job.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
If I am not mistaken, yours is the oldest active user account on the AAC forums January 2004.
(After mine that is).
Dave
I had no idea of that, Dave!! :eek: :eek:

Another reason to feel older.

Have to say that I got frequent and good help here. Oh yes!

Wish I was able to help others at the same level but there is a lot of qualified contributors doing that much better than what I ever could.

I like this forum.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
One of the things I don't like about the internet is people can drop off the face of the earth, or die, and you will never know.
Yea, I've had that thought before.
If one of us was to just up and die for some reason, noone on here would be any the wiser.
Kinda a funny thought.

K7GUH

Joined Jan 28, 2011
I did a Google search on "all about". Et voila!
The reference materials are excellent, but apparently hoi polloi haven't used them.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I did a Google search on "all about". Et voila!
The reference materials are excellent, but apparently hoi polloi haven't used them.
I actually had to search it in Wikipedia to find out what it meant. It sounds totally different when you read it with English pronunciation. That was funny...

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I searched for a part number and the topmost result was AAC.

I believe it was a house marked part and there was a post here from a member looking for a datasheet on the same part.

The rest is her-story. ;)

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Now I remember how i got here, had googled Generator AVR & was directed here to a thread aperson in the UK had going where he had a generator AVR not working & was going to re design it. This prompted me to rev engineer the one i had. What i found great was if you posted a circuit & there was something not right with it someone would point out a possible problem & remedy or chalenge you to pursue it further.

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
I know this site cause one member in other forum,and from then on,I come here and dont go there.At that forum,I now and then asked some questions like"urgent help" as you jokes:D.

oh,that member name is alike"vivilate"on that forum,and I dont know what's his name here,do you see this?:rolleyes:

HallMark

Joined Apr 3, 2011
I know this site cause one member in other forum,and from then on,I come here and dont go there.At that forum,I now and then asked some questions like"urgent help" as you jokes:D.

oh,that member name is alike"vivilate"on that forum,and I dont know what's his name here,do you see this?:rolleyes:
Really AAC is very attractive forum if anyone comes here then he/she will become the active member here. :D

nottnoc

Joined Feb 18, 2012
I, like Debe, googled Generator AVR problems. I am indebted to all who replied to that & similar threads for the diagrams & pictures. I can see me in the not too distant future chiselling epoxy from a potted pcb to save £50.
Thanks AAC.
Regards Tim

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Does anyone realize that this thread is from April of last year? :D:p

If memory serves, I believe ElectroNerd referred me here. I'm sure I'd stumbled across AAC before but I never really thought of getting an account until he mentioned it.

K7GUH

Joined Jan 28, 2011
I discovered it twice. First time, using Google advanced search for sites offering "circuits" and "schematics". Second time, same type of search for "allabout" as part of the title.