how can i fix TTL logic voltage drops?

ThatComputerGuy

Joined Jun 13, 2018
hi,

i'm currently making some TTL logic gates (and DTL and DDL), but i'm noticing that there is some significant voltage drop after each gate, i managed to get 3 logic gates in a row, but with any more gates, it won't work properly.
could anyone please show or explain a circuit that could get this lower voltage(about 2.5V) back to 5V?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
i'm currently making some TTL logic gates (and DTL and DDL), but i'm noticing that there is some significant voltage drop after each gate, i managed to get 3 logic gates in a row, but with any more gates, it won't work properly.
Shouldn't happen with TTL. Post a schematic of what worked and didn't work so we can see what you're talking about.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
hi,

could anyone please show or explain a circuit that could get this lower voltage(about 2.5V) back to 5V?
The output of a TTL gate is typically in the 3 V to 3.5 V range, even if unloaded. That's the nature of the beast.

But cascading gates should not result in it dropping any further -- you should be able to put an unlimited number of gates in series and the last gate should still produce the same output as the first (with the same load, of course).

So show the schematic of the gate as you are implementing it, because it sounds like it is not truly a TTL circuit.