How can I do electret microphone noise filter?

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
Hey I want to do a microphone for stream when I am directly connect microphone my computer and record my voice I am taking noise and my voice is not coming clear.
When I am increase the microphone bass from windows settings I am taking so much noise...
I want to don't hear noise 30db - 40db

So can you help me please for how can I make microphone noise filter?

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
Then shows the sound of noise and frequency range, if you have the Oscilloscope then also shows the waveform of noise.
Yapamam, sadece sadece soruyorum how can I do a microphone noise filter with integrated circuit? And I can't find njm5532 for this I tried with ne5532?

Bu videoyu buldum ama bilgisayarımı nasıl bağlayabilirim? and I can't find njm5532

Last edited by a moderator:

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
This site is english only.
Is this a school project or just a personal hobby?
Sory I opened translate wrongly this is don't hapen again :) So I am making for myself I am doing for stream my youtube channel and record guitar voice but so much noise with only electret microphone I should make a microphone noise filter like this.
Note: Problem is I can't find NJM5532 and I buyed NE5532 I can use this? please look video and suggest me a circuit and how can I connect that circuit my computer :) and Thank u for help!
upload_2018-12-13_19-43-32.png
(Video with advertising removed by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The first concern is the power, if you using it under the rating voltage as ±15V then it is ok.
Recommended Operating Voltage (Ta=25°C) -- ±3~±22V, Jrc page 2
Recommended Operating Conditions -- ±3~±15V, TI pge 4
Although the Jrc company Recommended Operating Voltage is ±22V, but you better just use it as ±15V, different company have their different specification, so you have to check the ic brand which you bought and to see the datasheet.

NJM5532_NE5532_compared-02.gif

The time scale at 6:35 of video shown the circuit, the C4 10pF capacitor is a filter component, you can change the value to see the noise filtering affection, the audio input of computer should be limited at ±2Vrms, so the output of NE5532 connects to the computer should be in series with a capacitor to isolates the DC and in series with a resistor and a VR connected to Ground, they will be connected as this and the links also shown in #5, the values of Cout 10uF is ok, the R6 resistor should be try to match what your need, the VR can be use a 50K to try and it is used for adjust the output voltage level to the computer.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The reason you have so much noise is that the signal from an electret microphone, with no external preamp, is too low for the line-level input of a PC sound card or Line In input. Cranking up the gain in software also cranks up the noise, and no amount of external filtering will correct for this. There are many simple microphone preamp circuits on the web, some with just a single transistor and a few resistors. What is your skill level for building a preamp circuit?

ak

ramazanalkan

Joined Dec 12, 2018
@AnalogKid and @ScottWang @Audioguru firstly thanks for help but I don't know electronic technic so much this is my first try for build a ready circuit.

I have this products can you draw for me an easy circuit please?

NE5532 and 2N9034, Resistors, 63V 0.1uF capacitor, 1000uF 10v capacitor, electret microphone, 22uF and more please help me create a circuit for easy microphone noise filter.

Thank you for helps!

Last edited:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I had bought a simple microphone long time ago, bit it is still working and I used it in my win 7 computer, although it has some noise when I click it to the highest volume, but I still can hear any voice very clearly from the microphone.

You still didn't show more message about the noise like its real sound and waveform, so we can't face to the problem and solve it.

I already mentioned that the circuit in the video had simple filter -- the C4 10pF capacitor is a filter component, and you can change it to see the results, if you didn't try it then you just have the circuit that is useless.

Active Low Pass Filter.
Introduction to Impedance and Bandwidth Control.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

How do you want to power the preamp.
Using the voltage from a USB port might already introduce some noise.

Bertus