How can a BGS sensor detect colors?

JimAV

Joined Aug 20, 2021
Hello, I've been searching how can a Background Supression sensor detect colors but I still can't find an answer nor understand how is this possible.

From what I've read, I know this sensor can detect an object regardless of its color since it measures refraction angles and not light intensity, that it is not the same as a contrast sensor and that the black-white differential is quite smaller than the one of a diffused sensor without BGS, so I find it hard to understand how can it detect colors.

Any suggestions or guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hello, I've been searching how can a Background Supression sensor detect colors but I still can't find an answer nor understand how is this possible.

From what I've read, I know this sensor can detect an object regardless of its color since it measures refraction angles and not light intensity, that it is not the same as a contrast sensor and that the black-white differential is quite smaller than the one of a diffused sensor without BGS, so I find it hard to understand how can it detect colors.

Any suggestions or guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Your notion that the BGS detects "color" is a stretch. It can detect light/dark or variations of white or ... but cannot differentiate red from green from blue.
Read this - pretty informative summary...
https://www.machinedesign.com/autom...5/understanding-backgroundsuppression-sensors