How accurately can you speed type?

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Try typing the paragraph in the box below as fast as you can, and post the result without editing it. You should be able to view the text as you type if you quote this post (unless you are on a phone).

This is not a WPM test, but rather a typing accuracy test. I'll try the test myself later today, and post how well everyone did in a few days. This is all just for fun.:)

EDIT: Changed text to excerpt from the AAC privacy policy.
Code:
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Recently I have noticed that some new members of AAC overuse the Like button, indiscriminately liking every post written in reply to them. While the Like button has a place on this forum, it should be made clear that AAC is not Facebook.

On the other hand, some members of this forum who are not familiar with social networking may never use the Like button. However, I believe that moderate use of it should be encouraged, as it can help members know how useful people consider their posts to be.

And now we need a Like Button policeman?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I use the like button to indicate that I concur with the poster's comments.

Maybe it should be "concur" vice like. If you disagree with a posters comments, state so in a response.

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Please, no small talk. I am genuinely curious to see how accurately some of you can speed type.

I suppose I made a bad choice in assigning controversial text. If you want to discuss it, please do so in my blog post from which I excerpted it rather than in this thread.

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Code:
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
OK, I'll start. Expect lots of typos.:p

We may collect personal identification information from Users in a verity of ways, including but not limited to, when Users vist out site, register on the site, fill out a form, respond to as uerby, and in connection with other activites, services, features, or esources we make avaible on our Site. Users may be asedk for, as appropraite, oname emsil areddress, phone number. Users may, however, vist our Site anonmymosul. We will collect perosnla information form user only if they volunatirly submit such informatin to us. SUers can wlwyas. refuse to suply personally indentifcation information, execpt that it may prevent them from engaging in ceratiin Site related activites.​

My, that was pretty bad! It looks like the longer I typed the worse it got.:eek:

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Usrs visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with oher activities , services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Usres may be asked for, as appropraite, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activites.

Done in about 3:45. Interesting to see I dont like writing 'Users' :p

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Please, no small talk. I am genuinely curious to see how accurately some of you can speed type.
My first response took me about 30 minutes to type. This one a lot longer. :oops:

Typing test .... what a clever way to get people to read the terms of service or other rules.
Yea I didn't fall for it either. In one eye and out my butt with zero time spent in my brain in order to eliminate the possibility of cluttering things us any worse than they already are. . :p

Done in about 3:45. Interesting to see I dont like writing 'Users' :p
About 10 seconds. (Cut and paste. Why work harder than you need to if you have a tool that will speed things up.) :D