How a remote control works different things?.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
That device is optimized for one operational channel, although it might be possible to modify it. OTOH, there are other kits with a 4 button transmitter and 4-relay receiver for only a few dollars more.

ak

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Wow, I did it. This is so simple now. New simple question. Can I operate more then one thing using this device? No is my answer. What do you or any one else think? Have you used this same device yourself and if so, what are you using it for?
Years ago I repaired someone's RC doorbell, I only had a power RF transistor fast enough to replace the original. While I was testing the repair, I started to hear door slamming elsewhere in the flats.

The doorbell in question had an 8 wide DIL switch so the code could be changed - but no one ever bothers.

There are various off the shelf RC encoder chips that work well with 433MHz devices and have address select pins.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
That device is optimized for one operational channel, although it might be possible to modify it. OTOH, there are other kits with a 4 button transmitter and 4-relay receiver for only a few dollars more.

ak
And when you say one operation, you mean say, it can turn on a motor but it is not able to make the motor go in forward and then reverse, correct? Thanks for your help.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015

ak
Great, I always buy cheap stuff to experiment with and end up ruining the stuff. I usually get no where fast. You wouldn't beleive how much stuff i have bought and don't know what to do with it. Lol

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Great, I always buy cheap stuff to experiment with and end up ruining the stuff. I usually get no where fast. You wouldn't beleive how much stuff i have bought and don't know what to do with it. Lol
I was hoping to turn that dial with wax on it to make a change, have it do an operation, then turn it another way to do something else on that frequency. Make it have different frequencies where each frequency does one operation. I know both peices would have to match somehow. Now you know I'm an idiot. Lol . I'm trying to learn is all, so if I look like an idiot I don't care.