Homemade 3 cell li-ion charger not working

ejnarwj

Joined Jan 20, 2023
Hello folks. At this time of date, i have been working weeks on off trying to make my first serious pcb. It is a 3 cell li-ion charger, which when i get the charging part to work, will have more features. But it does not work...

I am using the consonance CN3763 charging IC with the typical application circuit and calculated value parts on 15 v, but when i test the completed circuit, only the charging LED is on but it does not provide any current for the battery. I have tried 3 times soldering, and testing, because i thought maybe i had fried some of the components but no, same thing happens. No current. I also tested for shorts, right grids, and component orientation off course.

Therefor I believe I must have messed up making the circuit. Though i can not find an error. Any help, comments, suggestions will be so appreciated. I have provided schematic below, and also complete file for the easyEDA project file and components list.

Thank you - Ejnar

1681493631551.png

Attachments

Last edited:

ejnarwj

Joined Jan 20, 2023
Such a stupid mistake. It is obvious to see what you guys are talking about when looking at the datasheet. This is the typical aplication circuit
1681574498472.png
As you say, i have reversed source/drain in my circuit. Thank you, would have taken ages to find this small mistake myself. Will solder a new version correctly and let you know if it works:)

Last edited: