Home Theater Projector Replacement Lamp Question

chewyg

Joined Dec 19, 2017
I have a Optoma HD142x home theater projector that is in need of a new replacement lamp. This is my first time through this process - does anyone have an experience or suggestions? Should I attempt to replace the bare bulb or just go for the whole module? Found some options at this site - https://projectorquest.com/product/optoma-sp-8vh01gc01-projector-lamp-module/ - with an inexpensive OEM version. Does anyone have experience with this? Any other suggestions for online retailers? Does anyone have experience with the compatibles or bare bulbs?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I have a Optoma HD142x home theater projector that is in need of a new replacement lamp. This is my first time through this process - does anyone have an experience or suggestions? Should I attempt to replace the bare bulb or just go for the whole module? Found some options at this site - https://projectorquest.com/product/optoma-sp-8vh01gc01-projector-lamp-module/ - with an inexpensive OEM version. Does anyone have experience with this? Any other suggestions for online retailers? Does anyone have experience with the compatibles or bare bulbs?
I’ve replaced a few bulbs in projection TVs. I’d only replace the bulb if that’s all that’s bad but it’s your call. There may be a reason people replace the entire module?

The sad truth I’ve learned is that the cheap bulbs don’t last as long. Given the labor, they’re no bargain. Better to find the best price on a quality bulb.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I’ve replaced a few bulbs in projection TVs. I’d only replace the bulb if that’s all that’s bad but it’s your call. There may be a reason people replace the entire module?

The sad truth I’ve learned is that the cheap bulbs don’t last as long. Given the labor, they’re no bargain. Better to find the best price on a quality bulb.
Bulbs fail on projectors it's why at the University we use LED Monitors, I hate them personally if you watch a lot of video and put many hrs on it I would suggest going with an LED they've come down in price and will be a good buy after the first of the year. In 2015 I picked up a 60" LED TV for $767 with shipping.

We have used re-worked and OEM Bulbs but be aware heat is the enemy I've worked on Panasonic, NEC, Hitachi, Sony. We only purchased one Optima rarely use it. The bulbs seemed to run pretty well but it's a crap shoot, I'm with Wayne working for the Uni I used University dollars, their not going to spend it they'll risk it.

kv

jfelter

Joined Dec 23, 2017
We recommend buying the entire assembly (not just the bare bulb). It is important to make sure you purchase a lamp with the original bulb inside that is rated the same as the new OEM lamp. Use the Optoma HD142X lamp that comes with a 190 watt Osram bulb inside. It has the same lumen and lamp life rating as the original (3200 lumens, 5000 hour lamp life).