Hmm breakthrough or scam?

TeeKay6

Joined Apr 20, 2019
this product claims to save you up to 90% in electricity is it legitimate or a scam. I can’t find much information about it except their marketing

Sounds fishy but maybe you guys have some insight

https://dealpathtrk.com/genius-new-...ill-in-half/?a=106&s1=&s2=1836703&s3=&cid=172
@Wolframore and all
"Funny" for me in the saddest way. The USA's (and also that of the rest of the world) educational system is so poor that a far, far too high percentage of citizens are unable to see any reason to be suspicious of such too-good-to-be-true offers. On the other hand, our race--the human race--is full of shills, shysters, liars, deceivers, etc for whom such general ignorance is not sad but a real blessing. :(

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
"Funny" for me in the saddest way. The USA's (and also that of the rest of the world) educational system is so poor that a far, far too high percentage of citizens are unable to see any reason to be suspicious of such too-good-to-be-true offers. On the other hand, our race--the human race--is full of shills, shysters, liars, deceivers, etc for whom such general ignorance is not sad but a real blessing. :(
Don’t forget it was the BBC that was fooled. Check the link I posted.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I did find a device of sorts the cut my energy bill though. I bought 100 feet of direct burial cable and tapped into the 220V on my neighbors air conditioner wiring. wired that to my breaker box and have cut my electric bill by 25%.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
@Wolframore and all
While I would not be a bit surprised if it were true that we are more gullible today and that it is due in part to our increasingly pathetic education system, human gullibility has long been a staple throughout history and throughout the world. Even highly educated individuals are often easy marks -- so much so that I don't know how strong the link between educational system quality and gullibility can actually be.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Don’t forget it was the BBC that was fooled. Check the link I posted.
Fooling "news" organizations has been done over and over again throughout the world. Very few such organizations actually care about truth and accuracy, but are instead all about sensationalism and headlines. They know that if they get it wrong, they only have to make a weaselly-worded retraction that no one will every see or remember to make it go away.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
While this is a claim that has been made repeatedly, I don't know the extent to which it is actually true. While it's pretty demonstrable that "smart" people (whatever the hell that means) can be quite gullible, I don't think there's much out there that actually establishes that they are any MORE gullible than anyone else. It may well be the case that because we expect "smart" people to be immune to such things as these scams and cons, that whenever one that isn't is paraded in front of us we read far more into it than is warranted. On the flip side, seeing no end of "not-smart" people falling for the same scams and cons goes without comment because we didn't expect any different.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
That’s a great point. And people love to make a fool out of smart people. Also I believe the original report I read explained that being smart didn’t make you immune to being fooled and could actually entrench you in your false beliefs.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Do you think combining the power factor corrector and the...
magnets that, when clamped around the fuel lines in your car, align the gas molecules so that they flow through the injectors with such ease that you can improve your mileage by up to 143%.
on a generator set, we could get really cheap electricity?????
I just may run out and buy them both, NOT!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Do you think combining the power factor corrector and the...

on a generator set, we could get really cheap electricity?????
I just may run out and buy them both, NOT!
Oh, definitely!

BTW, the fuel line magnets were a real thing a couple decades ago. I forget the actual claims about how much they would improve the efficiency, but it was an absurd amount (and I think it might have even been more that what I said here).

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I looked at the ad in the link and certainly it has all the marks of propaganda. And worse yet it really does not explain just what it is that it actually does, aside from some freehand drawn waveforms. It is probably a noise filter of some kind, and only might be useful in one kind of situation.
But certainly the ad is so suspect that I will run my anti-malware software after seeing the ad. It has the smell of fraud all over it.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Was it WC Fields who said "There's a sucker born every minute"? [edit] No, wait! Wasn't that PT Barnum? {end edit} Well, at one time that may have been true. But it appears more and more that there's a sucker born every 20 seconds.

Looking back on those gas mileage scams - remember water injection??? I heard it was a real thing used on fighter planes back in the pre-jet age aircraft where during take-off they injected water into the carburetors to boost power. I remember trying several home made systems on my 72 Nova. Never really saw any improvement and soon gave up the attempt. I also saw where someone made a system that injected water directly into the gas line using a syringe piercing the fuel line. I KNEW that wouldn't work. Fuel pressure would have been higher than the water pressure pumping it into the line and would blow fuel back out into whatever, causing a risk of fire. Also knew gas and water doesn't mix.

Admittedly I did experiment with HHO systems. What I learned is that I can make some interesting party tricks with it. But fuel mileage increases??? Nope! Fact is - whatever energy you unleash is offset by the amount of energy needed to liberate that energy. In a perfect world you'd get a 1:1 exchange of energy. Since this world isn't perfect, some of that energy is wasted as heat. End result is worse fuel mileage, but not much worse, just whatever is wasted as heat.

As for "Stupid" people vs. "Smart" - - - not sure smartness has anything to do with it. Education COULD help - but only if that education was aimed at teaching students how to spot shams. Sadly, some of our education is a sham as well. Take history for example: It's written by the victors who embellish their accomplishments while showing the vanquished as being - um - stupid? I don't know. I just know that I'm getting quite the education in spotting shams and scams. So much so that I may actually miss a real opportunity. But I get these calls all the time how my phone number has been selected to receive a free vacation. Hanging up and dialing their number back reveals a number that is not in operation. So whomever was calling couldn't be a real thing. Besides - I don't need FREE vacations. Calls from the IRS or the United States Treasury - or some local cop - it all smacks of fraud. When the cop called I called the REAL cops he claimed to represent. Yup! Sham. Wanted money I'm sure.

"This is Microsoft. We've detected a problem with your computer." My response is "Which computer? What mac address please?" They just hang up.