Hmm breakthrough or scam?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Sounds fishy
Yes, I'd say a very big fish.
There's no way that little device (or any device) can save you all that energy and electricity use.
You are charged for the energy you use and there's no way to significantly reduce the energy your appliances require other than not using them.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One way to save is if you have a very poor power factor, and take steps to correct it, but often unless you are an industrial installation, the cost of correction is hardly worth it.
Max.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
this product claims to save you up to 90% in electricity is it legitimate or a scam. I can’t find much information about it except their marketing

Sounds fishy but maybe you guys have some insight

https://dealpathtrk.com/genius-new-...ill-in-half/?a=106&s1=&s2=1836703&s3=&cid=172
Really, are you kidding? Posts like this make me wonder about you.:p
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/an-operating-system-for-electricity.149474/#post-1277323

This energy saving device was much better.
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/an-operating-system-for-electricity.149474/#post-1277001

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
That range includes 0% :)
OMG! LMFAO when I read that! So true my friend - so true.

I love the ads that say "Can Help Reduce". You know - just about anything CAN HELP REDUCE. Did you know that toothpaste "Can Help" reduce the risk of foot fungus? Actually, it does. Tried it. Closeup gel. Was desperate for a cure and tried just about whatever I could. And it "Helped". A lot.

Just because something says it CAN help doesn't say it DOES help. But sure, I love the comment "That range includes 0%".

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
A true sign of legitimacy is the technical data provided. This chart doesn't even show the proper relationship between current and voltage.

TD.png

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
People are actually posting they notice a savings... just not 90%. Again due to the lack of information I’m skeptical but @nsaspook it sounds similar to the load balancing idea from your second post/link.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
People are actually posting they notice a savings... just not 90%.
There's a term for those "people": they're called sock puppets. IOW, very likely they're the same people who posted this bogus "article," posting testimonials to give an illusion of legitimacy. A small number of them might be people whose need to believe they haven't wasted their hard-earned cash on an outright scam is so strong they are driven to hallucinating, and actually believe they are saving money.

Again due to the lack of information I’m skeptical but @nsaspook it sounds similar to the load balancing idea from your second post/link.
You shouldn't just be skeptical-- you should be laughing your ass off at the stupidity of the whole idea.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
One way to save is if you have a very poor power factor, and take steps to correct it, but often unless you are an industrial installation, the cost of correction is hardly worth it.
Max.
Not to mention that fact that the overwhelming fraction of residential customers pay for real power only regardless of their power factor, so correcting their power factor will not save them anything except to the degree that it reduces the real power lost in the wiring on their side of their meter (a difference which will be pretty negligible).

Now, if virtually everyone did power-factor correction then it might lower everyone's bills because the rates on real power could be reduced since those rates currently incorporate a component to cover the cost of reactive power generation and the associated line losses throughout the distribution system.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
this product claims to save you up to 90% in electricity is it legitimate or a scam. I can’t find much information about it except their marketing

Sounds fishy but maybe you guys have some insight

https://dealpathtrk.com/genius-new-...ill-in-half/?a=106&s1=&s2=1836703&s3=&cid=172
It's pure 100% snake oil. It has all the hallmarks -- not the least of which is invoking the magic name of Nikola Tesla. It spends most of its time talking about how the evil companies and evil government are conspiring to suppress this remarkable invention when the very fact that they are advertising it and selling it is proof that they aren't. It throws out nothing but technobabble and makes nothing but fantastic claims -- I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't cure erectile dysfunction and male pattern baldness, too.

And of course there's all those "testimonials", which snake oil salesmen always flaunt about -- and which are trivially easy to make up out of whole cloth.

As another indication that the whole thing is bogus, look at their "Terms and Conditions" and "Privacy Policy" links at the bottom of the page -- they just take you right back to the same page you are already viewing. The links are only there to make the site look more legitimate.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
That range includes 0% :).
Yep. Weaselly claims like that are almost always a sure sign of snake oil.

It's like the magic diet supplements that always say something like, "in a recent trial, people taking Magic Fat Burner 10,000, when combined with regular exercise, lost three times the weight of people relying on diet alone." They know that most people will take from this that the only difference was one group took the magic pill and the other didn't and miss the fact that one group exercised and the other didn't and that was what made the difference (and that's even assuming there ever was a trial of any kind in the first place).

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
People are actually posting they notice a savings... just not 90%. Again due to the lack of information I’m skeptical but @nsaspook it sounds similar to the load balancing idea from your second post/link.
What people? Who is telling you about these people? T

The people trying to sell you the snake oil!

Put on your evil con artist hat for a moment and ask yourself just how hard it would be for you to make up all the "testimonials" you wanted and post them on your site touting your new super-secret snake oil magnets that, when clamped around the fuel lines in your car, align the gas molecules so that they flow through the injectors with such ease that you can improve your mileage by up to 143%.