Hillside Tram, help with a drive unit

DLT61

Joined Jan 24, 2021
I have a drive unit for hillside tram. I am needing wiring tips for controlling up/stop/ down controls, including limit switches at each end and remote control in cart. Motor is 220v.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Not knowing where you live or what local regulations may need to be followed I would suggest finding a local certified electrician.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The "hillside tram" that I have seen is on the side of Lookout Mountain in Tennesee, USA, and it pulls about 3 train cars up a hill that is about 30 degrees. But I am guessing that the one of the TS is a smaller system.
But with that limited description it seems that the TS is asking for a real engineering project of design. And ifit carries people then it falls under a huge number of regulations and rules and we should not offer any detailed advice.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The "hillside tram" that I have seen is on the side of Lookout Mountain in Tennesee, USA, and it pulls about 3 train cars up a hill that is about 30 degrees. But I am guessing that the one of the TS is a smaller system.
But with that limited description it seems that the TS is asking for a real engineering project of design. And ifit carries people then it falls under a huge number of regulations and rules and we should not offer any detailed advice.
One of the personal uses around here, is those that have cabins on the lake that has a pretty steep stairway from cottage to the lake, it is a little tiring for the climb back up from the dock, especially for those getting on in age!
Many are self built by capable owners, but I don't know how many have safety built in? Some are built on the winch method.
Obviously some kind of fail safe brake or stopping system is needed.
I guess the worst outcome it to be pitched into the lake if a run-away occurs! :D
Max.