High Power LED Driver Circuit Design

Brady76

Joined Nov 27, 2017
I am kind of splicing together a few ideas and designs to build a driver that will power 3 Cree XM-L2 LED's and would like some input to make sure I am on the right path, any suggestions are appreciated as well as any different ways to go about it.

So far I am looking at the A6213 driver from allegro microsystems which I am using the schematic for their evaluation board as a base to build off of (attached below). It is going to be run off of a 12v car battery so I would like to add a low voltage cut off which I plan on using a circuit I found searching the forums, the diagram is posted below. I am assuming I can just use the EN pin on the A6213 to switch off? I would also like to add some sort of over temperature protection for the LED's so I was looking at some TC621's but I am not quite sure how to go about incorporating them into the whole circuit. I would also like to hear what others have used or even if anyone believes that temperature circuits for each LED is overkill. Heatsinking is not really an issue since it is going to be mounted on an aluminum tube with "fins" on either end and submerged underwater.

I would also like to add a piezo switch to control on/off function and would like ideas for a circuit that would would allow a piezo switch to control up to 6 of these circuits simultaneously.

A6213.jpg TL431.jpg