Hi guys as a our final year project.we decided to do a ceiling using peltier circuit, Possible?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

What is a ceiling?
What is a peltier?
What does a ceiling have to do with a peltier?
I'm afraid we cannot read your mind and you will have to give us a lot more information if we are to help you.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I pelted a ceiling once. I was working in a foundry and pelted the ceiling with molding sand when no one was looking. When the sand dried.....the ceiling would pelt you back.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What does it mean to "do" a ceiling, let alone to do it with a Peltier circuit?

You need to do a MUCH better job of describing what you are trying to do.

Imagine someone coming in with a problem and your project is the solution. What problem is the person trying to solve? How does your project solve it? What alternatives might the person have? Why is your project superior to those alternatives? Or at least what are its relative advantages and disadvantages?

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
Ideas are welcome.
thank you
You have already seen some comments about how vague your question is and I don't want to discourage you further, except to say that I can absolutely, positively state that it is possible, as long as you keep "it" relatively undefined.

More to the point, when you decided on this project, it would have been a very good idea to try and find out everything you could about what has already been done.

So, let's say you believe that you can generate electricity by using peltier devices on the ceiling when there is an existing temperature differential between one side of the ceiling and the other (like you might find in a heated dwelling and it s much colder outside). If you searched on this "idea", you could find something like this. Or maybe you want something a bit more sophisticated and you would find this pdf.

Or maybe you want to put them on the ceiling and wire them to produce heat/cold into the room?

In any case, a good thorough search would be a starting point before deciding on the project - no?

Faslan

Joined Jul 2, 2018
Thank you so much you for your replies.
instead of using air conditioners in a small areas,rooms,bathroom or elevators (Lifts) the cost and capacity of the normal air conditioners quite high ( minimum air conditioner's capacity is 9000 BTU/h, as i know). as the alternative of this we suggest to go through.
our idea is,
A peltier circuit is attached with the direct with ceiling ( cool absorbs with the ceiling material and through the panels and maintain the room temperature comfort, any such kind of material for this purpose?) and heat is removed to the outside by using ducts and exhaust fan.

can we make it possible with the alternator?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
instead of using air conditioners in a small areas,rooms,bathroom or elevators (Lifts) the cost and capacity of the normal air conditioners quite high ( minimum air conditioner's capacity is 9000 BTU/h, as i know). as the alternative of this we suggest to go through.
our idea is,
A peltier circuit is attached with the direct with ceiling ( cool absorbs with the ceiling material and through the panels and maintain the room temperature comfort, any such kind of material for this purpose?) and heat is removed to the outside by using ducts and exhaust fan.

You may want to have a look at this thread:

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/solar-powered-cooling-unit.149979/

You need an air conditioner of about 10,000 BTU/hr which is about 3000W.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
our idea is,

What alternator?

Have you looked at the efficiency of a Peltier device (TEC - Thermoelectric cooler)?

Walmart has 5000 BTU/h units for under $100.

You are probably looking at an order of magnitude increase in power consumed in order to get the same cooling capacity from a TEC.

Faslan

Joined Jul 2, 2018
What alternator?

Have you looked at the efficiency of a Peltier device (TEC - Thermoelectric cooler)?

Walmart has 5000 BTU/h units for under $100.

You are probably looking at an order of magnitude increase in power consumed in order to get the same cooling capacity from a TEC.
i am a new to this circuit.
try to used for bathrooms and three wheelers (open)
almost for 50 to 100 square feet of area.