Hi, can i change dual mosfet with bjt

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
And with jfet can i replace?
No. A JFET and a MOSFET have different biasing requirements. What are you trying to do? Provide a circuit diagram and ask if there is a better way to design a solution. Random part substitution will get you exactly nowhere faster than any othe method I can think of. Did you really expect a positive response? Whatsa matta you?

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
No. A JFET and a MOSFET have different biasing requirements. What are you trying to do? Provide a circuit diagram and ask if there is a better way to design a solution. Random part substitution will get you exactly nowhere faster than any othe method I can think of. Did you really expect a positive response? Whatsa matta you?
Hi, i have a mixer with bjts, but there is one with dual mosfet, and i dont understand dual mosfet, can i be replaced with jfet

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
What you are asking for is a complete circuit re-design.

There are still some people making Dual Gate MOSFETs, maybe you
can get by with a substitute. But even thats a redesign / test to make
sure you are getting the same performance out of the mixer.

Regards, Dana.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi, i have a mixer with bjts, but there is one with dual mosfet, and i dont understand dual mosfet, can i be replaced with jfet
Changing a minor feature of the question and asking it again won't change the answer. I think you might want to quit while you are ahead.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
What you are asking for is a complete circuit re-design.

There are still some people making Dual Gate MOSFETs, maybe you
can get by with a substitute. But even thats a redesign / test to make
sure you are getting the same performance out of the mixer.

Regards, Dana.
I think you are right, but i learn from here mixer with bjts, and i understand
Thnx Dana

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I have not been in university for many years so my research materials are out of date, then I increased my knowledge about modern parts myself. Michael is older (born 1978?) than most students so he is not in university.
Is there a member here that has recently studied radio circuits in university who can recommend new and correct research material?
Looking at "tutorials" in Google brings many old and incorrect ones as Michael has discovered.