Help with wiring diagram(temperature sensor and temperature controller)

krumplicukor

Joined Aug 6, 2018
Hi,
I am trying to create a small project which consist of:
-PT100 temperature sensor (2 wires)
-heating mat(2 wires)
-a solid state relay
-a temperature controller
I am struggling with creating a wiring diagram
I would really appreciate if someone could help me :)

MOD:Rotated your image.E

tempcontroller.jpg

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It is not clear waht the supply voltage of the controller is.
For connecting the SSR connect 3 from the controller to 3 of the SSR and 4 of the controller to 4 of the SSR.
For the PT100 short 10 with 11 and connect the PT100 to 11 and 12.

Bertus

krumplicukor

Joined Aug 6, 2018
Hello,

It is not clear waht the supply voltage of the controller is.
For connecting the SSR connect 3 from the controller to 3 of the SSR and 4 of the controller to 4 of the SSR.
For the PT100 short 10 with 11 and connect the PT100 to 11 and 12.

Bertus
Thank you so much, the supply is 240V

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The SSR needs a 3-32Vdc control input voltage.
That can be obtained from a 5Vdc wallwort in series with controller pin 3 (minus) and pin +3 (plus) of the SSR.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You may want to look in detail at the controller you have there. Sometimes a controller, based on part number and options may have dry contact outputs or an SSR output. Got a part number for your controller? The picture seems to reflect dry contacts and also a SSR output. Much like the unit reflects using different inputs. Sometimes the Inputs/Outputs are user configurable and sometimes they are factory set. The data sheet or manual for your controller should cover that and the configurations.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
For the question about the SSR, certainly the literature that comes with the controller must be consulted, since it is not likely to be both at the same time.