Help With Using Park Circuit on F250

fordtruck661

Joined Dec 24, 2020
Hi All,

I have a little project Im working on and need to know how to properly use a Parking output on a 2017 F250. Here is the description for the out put Im trying to use. "PCM Pin 6.8L C1551E-19 Circuit No. CET22 Wire Color: Gray/Brown • An output from the PCM that indicates when the Transmission Range Sensor is indicating that the Transmission is in the Park Position. The Low Side driver in the PCM will pull this output to ground when active (Transmission is in the PARK Position). To properly reference this output, the customer supplied external controller/device needs to pull this output up to VPWR with a 10K Ohm resistor. Thus when the output is active, the voltage at this output will be 0 volts. When this output is not active, the output will be pulled up to VPWR by the 10K Ohm pull up resistor."

So to use this output do I just add a 10K Ohm resistor in line? I plan to have this provide ground to a relay to change it to +12V.

Any help would be much appreciated!

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
The PCM output is most likely not capable of driving a relay by itself. In it's simplest form you would need something along the lines of....relay.jpg

To drive the relay. Chances are it will take a few more parts to actually make it work (I didn't get into calculations). It's just a starting point.

fordtruck661

Joined Dec 24, 2020
The PCM output is most likely not capable of driving a relay by itself. In it's simplest form you would need something along the lines of....View attachment 225833

To drive the relay. Chances are it will take a few more parts to actually make it work (I didn't get into calculations). It's just a starting point.
I appreciate the help! When it comes to this I'll admit I have no clue where to even start.