Help with using a PIR to trigger a NE555

AllisonAmg

Joined May 18, 2020
I tend toward modular wiring rather than daisy-chaining or paralleling downstream. Functionally the switches operate in parallel with the photo-detectors, but that can be messy wiring that makes later troubleshooting difficult. For the 116 schematic, what about adding two pins to P5 and P6 so there is a 4-wire run to the sensor and an independent 2-wire run to the switch (or a 3-wire run to a switch pair)?

ak
Hi,

Yes that is what i would do, multicore cable from the Module to the Signals / Sensors, and another from the module to the Control Panel for the Switches (these will be push button, not all modules will need switches though)

As a foot note not all modules will need both sensors, some will operate purely as trigger from sensor, then time elapsed to form the 2nd trigger. If this makes sense !!!

kindest
Allison

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
You have said that the "Points Switch" provides a +12 V signal to the control board, with enough current to be used to power the white LEDs. Where does the +12 V come from? My schematics so far assume that we send out system +12 V from the control board to the Points Switch, where it is switched on or off and sent it back. If the points switch has a +12 V source of its own, then I assume that it is referenced to system GND - ? If so, then the "Points" signal to the control board is just a 1-wire input.

ak

AllisonAmg

Joined May 18, 2020
You have said that the "Points Switch" provides a +12 V signal to the control board, with enough current to be used to power the white LEDs. Where does the +12 V come from? My schematics so far assume that we send out system +12 V from the control board to the Points Switch, where it is switched on or off and sent it back. If the points switch has a +12 V source of its own, then I assume that it is referenced to system GND - ? If so, then the "Points" signal to the control board is just a 1-wire input.

ak
Hi,

Ok let me explain.

There is a dedicated 12vDC supply rated at 3A used soully for the Point Indicators, Signals and Building/Yard lights. This is a BUS that goes around the whole circuit, and is not used to Switch the Points, they are driven off a pulsed 19v supply, also the Track is on a seperate Bus which is a Digitally Enhanced supply.
Each point or point module has a 12v Feed, and the Sensor Module which receives the the 'signal' from the point indicator is basically the 12v return from a 'switch'.

1592522601549.png

I hope that explains

Allison