Help with MC2100E controller component ID

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
Hoping someone could help me :) with the values for the eight 16V capacitors and the four resistors?
I did make a list of the components while disassembling the board but now I can't find where I saved the list :(
Thank you in advance.

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
I have the earlier non-SMT versions, but the C17 exist and is in the same place, 100μf.
Max.
Thanks Max,
So these are the caps that were removed from the board (lost the list I made with each value and location)
3 x 100uf
2 x 10uf
1 x 22uf
2 x 4.7uf
after looing at a heap of internet photos I have decided that
c16 = 4.7uf
c17 = 4.7uf
c20 = 100uf unsure

All the revision boards marked 2003 look to have the same layout.
left to sort out are;
c2
c4
c8
c9
c20

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
What was the reason for the removal in the first place, suspect a problem?
Max.
The motor wasn't getting any voltage. It turned out the 360ohm resistor off the TD3052 random switching triac was open circuit.
I decided to freshen up the board by replacing the caps while I was at it. I am still not sure how I managed to lose my component list. I have started seartching ebay for any mc1200e boards from 2003 and offering to pay for information on the cap values and locations.

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
Trying to sus it out with my limited electronics knowlege.
U5 is a IR21271 and in a typical layout has a cap across pins 1-4 and 5-8
I think (from a bad photo) that C20 which goes to pins 5-8 is 100uf so it would be a fair assumption that
C24 which goes to pins 1-4 would also be 100uf.

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
Sorry for the confusion, the incline section and motor was fine. The controller was receiving the PWM from the user controls but not putting out any power to the track motor.

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
Looks like I have come to a standstill. I have 4 caps that I will have to guess when they go and hope for the best.

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
No, it is being repaired to go back into the treadmill.
So there shouldn't be a issue with the board getting a propper signal.

Last edited:

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
Hi guys,
Just want to say thanks for the help.
The treadmill is back together and all working again.

1) I have learned a fair bit in the process
2) I have saved about $125 not buying a whole replacement controller board.

Thanks again
PS My next project is to build an 8bit breadboard computer!

Hoping someone could help me :) with the values for the eight 16V capacitors and the four resistors?
I did make a list of the components while disassembling the board but now I can't find where I saved the list :(
Thank you in advance.

Regarding on R16 and R21 I couldn't find the value of it, will u provide a shmatic but it's not for the same type of the board, can I have the value of those comments coz it burn out while testing the treadmill.

Thanks