Help with MC2100E controller component ID

buzzawak

Joined May 29, 2018
Hi Younisfinal, A bit of forum etiquette. Don't hijack someone thread (start your own) and if you feel you have to hijack, at least excuse yourself. It isn't facebook.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Regarding on R16 and R21 I couldn't find the value of it, will u provide a shmatic but it's not for the same type of the board, can I have the value of those comments coz it burn out while testing the treadmill.

Thanks
Unfortunately there are at least five versions of the MC2100 and while many parts are the same notation, many are totally different components.
Max.

M!simon

Joined Jun 22, 2020
Hi, I have a treadmill with the mc2100e rev c icon 2003 and the resistors r21 and r16 burned up ...
I need their values to replace them.
The colour code has burnt off making my life hard.
Can you help me ? 1592835623565941286667945127821.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't have the exact model here, I do have 3 other versions, and the closes shows the same exact layout as the R21 D10 C14 R16
But the one I have show them as R22=130R D10=? C13=10n R21=510R looking in the same order as yours.
Max.

M!simon

Joined Jun 22, 2020
That might be right. The issue with the treadmill was at the start ... when I started the movement, it triggered the resetable fuse that the mill has.
I removed the cover , tried to start it again and at that point, one of the resistors sparked.
Now, when I start the motor, it shows that it's moving but nothing physical is happening. At least it doesn't trigger the fuses..
I'll try replacing the resistors with the values you told me, and see if that fixes it... if not I'll search for replacement board.
Again ,thank you for your insight and your fast response

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Look for the reverse-engineered schematic here in the forums, the basic circuit should be be the same across models, do a little reverse-engineering and compare the circuit.
Max.

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
Hi everyone Im new on this forum and I have a faulty MC2100E REV C icon 2003 board with a dim red led as soon I turn on the treadmill it makes beeps like it working but soon I press the start button it makes three beeps and the main track motor don't spin at all but I did the usual test by disconnected the motor red and black wires and hooked it up to a playstation 3 power supply that have 12v and 40amp just to see if the main track motor works and it does work just fine. Before I tested the motor I moved the treadmill track by feet it registering the speed. As I had a look at the board nothing looks burnt at all. Would this fault be the microprocessor or something to do with the transistor that mounted to the heatsink

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
So far I have ordered
G4PC40K = Q5 = France
IR2127S = U5 = Germany
S4025L = Q1 =China
LM78L05 = RG1 = Ireland
APT15DQ60BG = D13 = China

All the parts below were taken off the board for testing as followed
The original G4PC40K is completely dead no reading in diode mode on any pins
The original APT15DQ60BG is showing low reading in diode mode in one way and nothing the other way don't know if it working at all
The original S4025L is showing funny readings in diode mode in both ways and assumed shorted
The original LM78L05 is showing high reading one way and low in the other way in diode mode and assumed shorted
The original IR2127S is showing nothing in between pin 7 to 8 in diode mode assumed shorted but by visual inspection it looked burnt as this one took ages to find the ic markings using a magnifying app and a magnifying glass to assist the phone to get a better focus so I can get it to view upclose but I had to invert the image colour to reveal the ic marking

I have to wait for the parts from china going to take ages to come but will report back once it put back together

Last edited:

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
So far I replaced
G4PC40K = Q5 = replaced
IR2127S = U5 = replaced
S4025L = Q1 = currently waiting on arrival
LM78L05 = RG1 = replaced
APT15DQ60BG = D13 = currently waiting on arrival
TD3052 = U4 = currently waiting on arrival as I forgotten to mention this ic

Since then I had trouble with pads lifting and broken as I had to repair them using copper wires to restore the pads and I knocked off one of the zener diode by the incline area and nearly lost the zener diode in the process along with two broken pads. Such a nightmare to repair. Just hoping this board will work once the remaining three components are installed. Any predictions??

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
Waiting on the TD3052 to come. Is there any way I can test the possible defunct TD3052 on the board as i have diode tested it on pin 1 to 2 gives something like 1.083 on that but the the rest of the pins no reading but changed it to ohm reading it all over the place starts from 45.50 Mohm then rapidly falls and pin 1 and 2 something like 14.35 Mohm but keeps raising. Would this mean TD3052 is toasted?

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
Found the RG2 LM78L05 had abnormal reading off circuit as I tested it with a brand new working LM78L05 as the abnormal LM78L05 had no reading in pin two to three ohm mode so I assume this is faulty as I tested it on the new LM78L05 it have reading between pin two to three