Help with diode logic lab

dnick6000

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am wondering if anyone can help me with this simple problem. My electronics class had a lab test with this question: Construct a circuit using 5 nopb switches, 3 incandescent 12v lamps, and as few diodes to do the following: pressing switch 1 turns on lamp 1, switch 2 lamp 2, switch 3 lamp 3, switch 4 lamps 1 and 3, and switch 5 all lamps. Seems pretty simple huh. The least diodes I could come up with and work was 4. Just wondering if anyone could do it with less. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dnick6000

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by hgmjr@Feb 24 2006, 07:27 PM
Here are some examples of simple diode logic functions along with a brief explanation of how they operate.

These examples should reinforce the information that is presented in your course textbook.

hgmjr
[post=14349]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the help..Pretty useful info. Many Thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by dnick6000@Feb 24 2006, 04:40 PM
I am wondering if anyone can help me with this simple problem. My electronics class had a lab test with this question: Construct a circuit using 5 nopb switches, 3 incandescent 12v lamps, and as few diodes to do the following: pressing switch 1 turns on lamp 1, switch 2 lamp 2, switch 3 lamp 3, switch 4 lamps 1 and 3, and switch 5 all lamps. Seems pretty simple huh. The least diodes I could come up with and work was 4. Just wondering if anyone could do it with less. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[post=14348]Quoted post[/post]​
Since you have fewer diodes then switches, if one of the switches is connected directly to one or more lamps then the circuit might not work the way you expect.

dnick6000

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by Papabravo@Mar 1 2006, 06:50 PM
Since you have fewer diodes then switches, if one of the switches is connected directly to one or more lamps then the circuit might not work the way you expect.
[post=14513]Quoted post[/post]​
I don't understand your comment. I have built the circuit using four diodes and works fine but I was just wondering if I could complete the task using less diodes. What would it matter if the switch is connected straight to the lamp?