Help with decrypt 6pin connector of electronic board

TheCain

Joined Dec 16, 2022
Hi all,
First excuse me for my english, i´m speak english a little bit or use a translator on don´t understand.
Thanks everyone for response.

I´m trying to decrypt the connector of an electronic board to know what each pin of said socket belongs to, it is a contact liquid pump (it has 2 metal tabs that when in contact with the liquid DOES NOT pump and when they are no longer submerged the pump is activated where it sucks the liquid from a bottle, which has the same system to detect liquid), the connector is 6 pin, I have already identified 4 of the 6 (in the absence of knowing the function of each one).
The pump has 2 indicator leds (red and green).
The "bottle" connector (2pin) is also by contact, because if the bottle is empty and the metals are not soaked, the pump will NOT start.
The pins (as in the photo):
1- It is connected to one of the condenser legs.
2- It goes to a resistance.
3 and 4- No continuity in any component on the board (maybe the bottle sensor pins?).
5-mosfet.
6-Integrated or mosfet (I have doubts).
The description of the device:
This pump is connected independently within a machine and due to length or optimization of the cable, they have it placed independently and must be connected internally to each other. so the bottle connector (2Pin) has its own connector and the pump another (6pin).
This pump (I deduce that it must run at 5V).
My intention is to find out which pin belongs to "positive" and which to "negative", to go doing tests, but at least not burn it.
My deduction is the following:
2 pins, positive and negative.
2 pin, bottle sensor
2 pin, data (Since it can be connected to the machine to indicate and activate this accessory from the machine itself).
Intention:
Use this system independently.
IMG_8049_2.jpg

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Trace the other end of the connections as well.

Where does the other side of the capacitor go?
Where does the other side do the resistor go? (That is a 0Ω resistor, just a jumper)
What are the numbers on the two (apparently) transistors?

Take a clear photo of the other side of the PCB as well.

TheCain

Joined Dec 16, 2022
Welcome to AAC.

Trace the other end of the connections as well.

Where does the other side of the capacitor go?
Where does the other side do the resistor go? (That is a 0Ω resistor, just a jumper)

Take a clear photo of the other side of the PCB as well.
Thanks so much for your wellcome and reply.

Ok, i follow all lines of two sides of board with polimeter on continous mode, this is the result:

IMG_8052_3.jpg

IMG_8049_3.jpg

Thanks for your help!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Ok, i follow all lines of two sides of board with polimeter on continous mode, this is the result:
Instead of polimeter, we use the following words in english:
voltmeter - to measure volts
ohmmeter - to measure resistance and conductivity tests
ammeter - to measure current
multimeter - meter with multiple functions, current, voltage, resistance etc
DMM - digital multimeter, digital version of analog multimeter, the most common meter used today

Bienvenidos y buena suerte

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
That’s very helpful but two more things will make it even more likely to get help:

And, what is the number on this 8-pin chip on the reverse of the PCB? I think there is one there but I can’t pull it out of the noise.

E4530A2E-882D-454C-B949-6D3748C5D7E9.png

TheCain

Joined Dec 16, 2022
Instead of polimeter, we use the following words in english:
voltmeter - to measure volts
ohmmeter - to measure resistance and conductivity tests
ammeter - to measure current
multimeter - meter with multiple functions, current, voltage, resistance etc
DMM - digital multimeter, digital version of analog multimeter, the most common meter used today

Bienvenidos y buena suerte
Hehehe... Thanks for this!

I used multimeter for this. ;)

TheCain

Joined Dec 16, 2022
That’s very helpful but two more things will make it even more likely to get help:

And, what is the number on this 8-pin chip on the reverse of the PCB? I think there is one there but I can’t pull it out of the noise.

This 8 pin chip GME0X

And the two (apparently) transistors: the most "big" in the middle of leds lights put 8A115 (4Pin)

5pin: R31 uA
3pin: XORB 22

Thanks so much my friend!!!

PaulEE

Joined Dec 23, 2011
I'm going to make a blind bold guess based on his images. Anxious to see what others think.

-Pin 1 and 5 are almost assuredly ground. I think that's fairly obvious based on where they go.
-Pin 2 is voltage coming in.

Now we have 3, 4, and 6.

This sure looks like a transistor switch or thermistor, which would make sense, given the fact that it is direclty under the motor...so either it is a switch whose control pin is #3, or it is outputting temperature information TO pin #3. 1K from pin 2 to pin 3 may answer that question.
1672463208146.png

This mess looks suspiciously like a SOT23-5 op-amp and associated passives, and after reviewing two datasheets, that pin with the teal/blue line may be an output (the other option is Vin-, but both datasheets I looked at had those two alternate pinouts available). This may be a motor current signal; again, straight-up guessing here.
1672463447111.png

I have no idea what pin 4 is...no information. THIS may be the turn-on control pin, or it may be a loop-back pin that expects to see a voltage that, when properly put together, runs through the cable and loops back around...who knows. If I were to choose a pin for this purpose, I'd probably pick somewhere in the middle over an edge.

Let's recap:
pin 1 GND
pin 2 Vsupply
pin 3 either a turn on / off signal or temperature
pin 4 (who knows, probe it and figure out if it goes anywhere on the board or the other connectors?)
pin 5 GND (which may be there to shield pin 6)
pin 6 potentially current measurement of the motor

You may get the thing to turn on by using a 1-10K resistor from pin 2 to pin 3.

This info as-is, where-is...totally guessing based on what signals I might want if I was driving a motor through a harness, and evidence from the board itself.

Good luck,
Paul
KI5VNH