Help with Asynchronous counter, using 4000 series circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razvan23

Joined Mar 2, 2021
Asynchronous counter, made with dedicated flip-flops, with decoded outputs and displayed using a DC display. Only 4000 series circuits will be used.
Someone has some ideeas ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there :) welcome to AAC.
Asynchronous counter,
How much how far how fast would you like to count then which direction would you like to count you want to count down you want to count up you want to count sideways? 400 series of sea moss Oops,CMOS Complimentary Metal Oxide semiconductor as opposed to TTL Transistor Transistor Logic got you decoded outputs more likely you going to be using BCD binary coded decimal to increment the count then the decoded seven segment LED display driver display's the number. You mean something like that?

razvan23

Joined Mar 2, 2021
Hello there :) welcome to AAC.

How much how far how fast would you like to count then which direction would you like to count you want to count down you want to count up you want to count sideways? 400 series of sea moss Oops,CMOS Complimentary Metal Oxide semiconductor as opposed to TTL Transistor Transistor Logic got you decoded outputs more likely you going to be using BCD binary coded decimal to increment the count then the decoded seven segment LED display driver display's the number. You mean something like that?
Its for a project in school and i dont really understand it. I the counter to print the first 10 values(0-9).In the schematic i was given i need to make the counter and connect to a oscillator

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
with decoded outputs
Are you allowed to use a BCD to seven segment decoder? Or are you supposed to design your own?
displayed using a DC display
What is a DC display?
Only 4000 series circuits will be used.
What type of flip flop are you allowed to use?
For school work, you need to show your best effort so we can see where you're having problems and can offer guidance.

It would be helpful if you posted the complete (translated) instructions. Are you actually building the circuit? Or are you simulating?

razvan23

Joined Mar 2, 2021
Are you allowed to use a BCD to seven segment decoder? Or are you supposed to design your own?
What is a DC display?
What type of flip flop are you allowed to use?
For school work, you need to show your best effort so we can see where you're having problems and can offer guidance.

It would be helpful if you posted the complete (translated) instructions. Are you actually building the circuit? Or are you simulating?
This is the full translated version from my school project.
Asynchronous decadic counter, made with dedicated flip-flops, with decoded outputs and displayed using a DC display. Only 4000 series circuits will be used.
The oscillator will provide a signal with the frequency of 4Hz and a manual clock signal.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Asynchronous decadic counter, made with dedicated flip-flops, with decoded outputs and displayed using a DC display. Only 4000 series circuits will be used.
The text is ambiguous. What you have learned to date in your classes will likely dictate your approach and the components you would use.
  1. What flip flops have you been studying?
  2. Have you been designing decoders or using commercial parts?
  3. Have you studied any oscillators using 4000 series ICs?

Asynchronous counter, made with dedicated flip-flops, with decoded outputs and displayed using a DC display. Only 4000 series circuits will be used.
Ai rezolvat cu circuitul? Si eu am aceasi tema la un proiect.

hi 94.
English only please.
Did you solve the circuit? I have the same theme for a project.

Please Create a new Thread. Moderation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.