Help whats a 47UF device?

JimR

Joined May 19, 2006
I have a old sound card with four devices on circuit board that goes out to attached tiny speaker uses 1aaa battery - from old doll. I must admit im a ele newbie. Anyway the devices on borad R1, R2, 47UF and the TG. What's the 47UF and can I order or what items do I need to replace and program the 47UF? The TG is the switch small 1/4" round with rubber seal around it that contacts the circ board - when press sounds "hello lets play" I would like to reprogram it to say my daughters name "Hello Katie lets play" Can this be done? If someone can help me i could send digital pic of board... thanks.

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
47 μ F is the value of an electolytic capacitor, probably coupling to the speaker.
There is probably a black "Blob" on the circuit board that contains the micro that does all the work. This is Not reprogrammable, so you are stuck with the message that is on it.

There are programmable message recorder boards about, but they use full size chips, and are probably too big to fit in your doll. Messages are recorded using a microphone at a low sample rate, and played back at the press of a button.
A quick google will get you something like this.. 40 second message