Help using dsPIC33 to generate 50Hz sine wave

yan_c

Joined Jun 17, 2011
Hi, I am trying to get a dsPIC33FJ256MC710 to produce a 50Hz Sine wave o/p from a LUT. I now have some basic working code but I need to clarifty a few things regarding the PWM registers as there is no sine wave o/p as yet!

PTPER reg is the PWM period reg and is pre-set with a value for this period.
PTMR is the timer that is used to count up to this value.
and PDC1 is the scaled PWM on-time value that is loaded from the sine LUT for that PWM period.

Once the timer is started eventually PTMR = PTPER and I presume a flag is set so the PTMR reg can be reset, a new value is reloaded into PDC1 from the LUT and the process repeats...

Can anyone tell me which flag I can use to tell me when PTMR = PTPER, is this just an interrupt flag or do you need to use O/P Compare registers?

Also how do I use the the LUT values to give the "ON" time for that period?

Any help would be most appreciated..

Thanks

Can you take a step back and say HOW you're trying to accomplish your task? Why are you using PWM stuff to generate a sine wave? A LUT should be all you really need, as far as I can tell.

Can anyone tell me which flag I can use to tell me when PTMR = PTPER
There should be a flag that tells you when a timer overflows... Look in the datasheet under that timer module's section. It will tell you everything you need to know, including the name of the interrupt flag